Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

Sorry - hotdog  - -   I was actually trying to get help,  This seemed to be the only forum that might be able to assist me  -  but I guess not.

Thanks Peter,But I don't have any other equalizer and it was a Spotify screen with all the listening modes.  I guess I'm not welcome here if I'm not just saying- "My web player doesn't work"  "My stars are gone"

But thanks, anyways

I've been trying to get onto the spotify web player for 4 days now and nothing's happening. It just keeps loading but doesn't do anything. I can't play songs or access playlists, artists or anything. I tried clearing my web cache but it didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is this issue on Spotify's end? 

I finally found a fix. :^)

http://www.rdio.com. Also, you can use www.resp.in to export your Spotify playlists into Rdio. Been using the web player all night and not a single skip.

Update - never mind Rdio - it could be an acceptable alternative, but it just felt too much like Spotify, except light gray. 

HOWEVER, I rediscovered Google Music, and could not be happier. They have Thumbs Up ratings instead of Stars, but the end result is the same. Additionally, they have a 'Labs' section, where you can enable star ratings (1-5), just like iTunes. 

It will take you several days to upload your collection, but I had done that when it first came out. I cancelled Spotify this morning (yay!) and now pay Google the same $9.99 for basically the same thing. BUT, it's a simple, clean interface, sortable playlists, etc, everything Spotify used to be. :^)

Enough of this nonsense at Spotify. No responses from the company, and I'm sick of Facebook and social and J-Lo being shoved down my throat. I'm back to my own collection, it's simple, and works great on the web at my corporate office. (Ironically, I tried to access Spotify web too cancel my account and the Spotify player tried to start, and still sat there spinning trying to connect....lol).

Good luck to the rest of you, hope you find what you're after. Check Google out, I'm not a big fan of Google+, but so far it's not interfered with my experience.

Is there the possibility that you add the option to search for the playlist via text input while trying to add a song to a playlist? This is possible on the Android app and is so useful, but in the webplayer, I have to scroll through the entire list (which could btw be ordered by last use and not by date of creation as it seems to be). Besides of this, the webplayer is so much better than the Linux Beta 🙂

Hi @TobiEll

When you're in the "add to playlist" menu showing your list of playlists, scroll up and you'll see a search field to filter the list of playlists.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Hi Dan,

thanks a lot, that works! Don't tell me the search field was there already?? I desperately tried to click and type on the header of the list.. but it never occurred to me to scroll up 😛

Yeh, it's been there for 2 years 😛   I think it's more a UX failure that you haven't seen it though, not your failure!

Sadly though it does seem that a bug has been introduced recently - it used to be (and should be) the case that this field was focused and began working as soon as you started typing on the keyboard. I'll report this internally.

Cheers!

Dan

a couple things you may want to be aware of with the web player:

• play music, delete item playing, playlist shows the next song as playing. next track / playing other songs keeps this offset.
  • same situation, but with deleting things around the item playing.
  • mass deletion is not possible on playlists. premium feature?
  • changing order of tracks is not possible in playlist. premium feature?
  • no sorting on playlists. premium feature?

seems dumb.

system:

firefox 24.4.0. windows 7. corporate network, so potential for problems based on that.

Hello,

The web player doesn't work for me. After a few seconds it stops playing.

I am on Ubuntu 14.04 with Google Chrome stable.

I tried in private mode, without adblock, I also tried with Firefox, it's always the same.

The desktop app works good by the way.

My player will only play one song at a time.  I have to refresh the page in order to select the next song and play... no continious play .. not event on a radio station.

is any one else having this problem? I have the lastest version of Flash.

Yep, same problem. I can always tell when spotify updates the webplayer becasue it get a little less functional. Mission accomplished. They've finally made the webplayer awful enough where I literally can't use the service anymore.

I've tried clearing cookies, incog mode, different browsers, opening ports on my router. Can't get anything to work for the web player. Just stays at connecting to spotify...

I've tried on both safari and chrome, but after logging in and trying to get to the web player, it simply says

504 Gateway Time-out

After that underneath a line separator it says "nginx", not sure if this is important, but I don't see any other way to make the web player work. Have tried all other fixes in forums I could find already. Any help would be appreciated.

Spotify appeared to be having a minor blip last night. Are you still having issues?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yup I am.

Same error with the 504 in the web browser. Please! I dont want to go to that other site! 

@murfalurp wrote:

Same error with the 504 in the web browser. Please! I dont want to go to that other site! 

I'm not getting the 504 error. Just getting the "Connecting to Spotify...."

This is what I am receiving (see attached file)

504 Gateway.jpg

Suggested posts