Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Issue

Solved!

Web Player Issue

Hi folks. We're aware that Web Player doesn't currently work for everyone.

We're investigating and will let you know when there's an update.

Community Ergo Sum
293 Replies

I have solved my own issue. 

To solve it, go to 

Safari > Preferences > click on Privacy icon > clear the cache and cookies data which is stored for Spotify.com

Voilá!

Problem solved.

OSX Mavericks, both Chrome and Safari, Web player stuck in "Connecting to Spotify."  I have not been able to use the web player for months, although Spotify has no problem "Connecting to my bank" monthly for their fees...  Can someone from spotify make this web player work once and for all.  I will gasp with delight if it were to work for just 24 hours.

I've been having a problem ever since I updated my Chrome version to the Dev channel (version 39). The Web Player loads everything fine, streams a song and loads playlistst just fine, but it won't play more than one song automatically. It reaches the last second of a song and doesn't load the next one, which is pretty annoying.

Any suggestions? I've tried deleting cache, cookies, logging out then in, opening an incognito window and logging in from there, and none work. I've tried the web player on Firefox and it works just fine. Am I missing some Chrome option I should change?

Hello.

I've only been using spotify for a little while now and at first it was working fine. The songs would skip or freeze occasionally, but I don't mind that so much. 

However, now I don't know what's wrong. I open the page and it let me log in and loads and everything, but then the screen just goes mostly blank/black and all I can see is the little Spotify logo in the top corner. 

Here is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/4kedi8

I'm using a macbook air 13.5" and safari browser. 

Hi,

I use the spotify player, it always worked well. But now it's saying it had trouble streaming music because of limits in my connection. I have problems since I use cable instead of wifi. Do you know how I could solve this problem?

Hi, I'm having some problems with the Web Player in that the entire Your Music tab won't load. I've tried refreshing, reloading, but nothing's working. I access it via last.fm and use Firefox.

Same issue here; unable to access any of the 'Your Music' section of Spotify Web Player (Spotify App is blocked here at work).

I get a pinwheel for the 'Playlists' section and if I tried any Saved music I simply get an error saying my music can't be accessed.

Searching out albums works fine but kind of defeats the object of paying a monthly subscription.

Edit: Just to add I'm running Spotify web using Firefox 32.0.1 under Windows 7 x64.

Since today I'm also having trouble with the web player. I cannot access my music ("Error - Your music failed to load") and cannot view some playlists (eg. https://play.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/6Y5oLMTb9CdZ9eO1v6ns7F). Some other playlists though work...

I am using the web player with Google Chrome on Linux.

Is it working on all of your other devices guys?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey peter, I'm having a similar issue where the your music section wont load. On my phone, my playlists and followed artists show up just fine. On my IE and Firefox Browser the issue remains. Ive tried to clear cookies and web cache along with local app data and roaming data. Still no fix for the problem.

EDIT: The problem has resolved itself.

hi, minor bug here: I do not see anymore which track is playing in the Playlist in the central part of the screen ... (in the past was super as it was highlighted).

I am on W7 & Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m

spoty.jpg

I dunno how you managed to go to Web Player thread, as you have Desktop appe. But I will let you know, this is feature in Desktop app. Ha!

right, I will post it in the Desktop section!

@hpguru wrote:

I dunno how you managed to go to Web Player thread, as you have Desktop appe. But I will let you know, this is feature in Desktop app. Ha!

Thanks very much.

But like I said, this new black app in esktop works this way, so you can't see anymore now playing track in highlight.

Hi,

2 weeks ago I started to have difficulties with running Web Player. It happens on many PC, different networks, locations. When I try to launch it, it only says Connecting to Spotify... and small circle is spinning around. Is there anybody with similar problem? Who can i contact to fix it? Thanks.

Same deal here in Canada. Nothing but a big spinning circle and "connecting to Spotify" in the middle of the screen.

Same in Hungary. Started about a week ago. Can't use spotify since both on chrome and safari.

Hi

I been giving a chance to Spotify but it keeps letting me down. I get Ads once every song (maximum was once every three songs) and its VERY annoying. Plus it can't even play one song without interrupting for some kind of "buffer" - I even tried different locations and computers (always on Mac though, with Google Chrome latest version). I even tried to upgrade to Premium but i got that spinning wheel so i gave up. 

Its highly unlikely that is a connection problem on my end because i've tried several locations with different connections speeds. 

been trying to use the service since last month.

tks

@mario_lion - Where abouts are you located in the world?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
@mario_lion - Where abouts are you located in the world?

@Peter I am located in São Paulo, Brazil

Suggested posts