Free

Country

U.S.A

Device

Asus chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Hi folks, I have been havings some issues with my spotify. I have the app installed on my chromebook and have been using for the past year without trouble. But today, I clicked the app, hoping to listen to some music, when a message that said "Enable secure playback in your browser" popped up instead of loading the app. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, searching in incognito mode, turning on and off 'allow site to play protected content' several times, logging in and out...etc. I have tried what seems like every option spotify has given me and it all ends up with me at the same page, with no music. If anyone knows what this means, or what to do about it please tell me.

2 Replies

Having this same issue, except I am a premium user. Spotify Web Player gives me this error-- the Google Play app works fine.

Protected content is enabled. Also Asus chromebook. USA. Chrome build 79.0.3940.0 . Help please!!

Edit: Web Player works fine in Chrome on my Windows machine. Seems like a Chromebook issue.

I had this issue and fixed by switching my Build Channel back to Stable. I was on the Dev Channel which seems to be having DRM problems with Spotify right now.

Go to Settings > About ChromeOS > Detailed Build Information > Change Channel to Stable. This requires a Powerwash, so make sure to back up local data.

Suggested posts