Plan

Free

Country

Device

Newer Tower Computer with Up-to-date Drivers

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify web player is absolutely silent (the slider is centered) until I change the volume. Every time a new song begins, the player becomes silent again (the slider has not moved). I'm using Google Chrome to listen. Is there a known fix? I've reviewed my driver settings and tested other programs and websites. The Spotify web player is the only affected application.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Aarowaim, help's arrived.

Let's try a couple of things. First, open the Web Player in an incognito window and see if it makes a difference. Try a different browser as well. Does the same thing happen there?

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. Check the settings of your browser to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked.

Also make sure that your browser is up-to-date, and reset/reinstall the browser, but keep in mind that you may lose some data.

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well.

Lastly, try switching network connections and see if that helps. Restart the router.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Aarowaim, help's arrived.

Let's try a couple of things. First, open the Web Player in an incognito window and see if it makes a difference. Try a different browser as well. Does the same thing happen there?

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. Check the settings of your browser to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked.

Also make sure that your browser is up-to-date, and reset/reinstall the browser, but keep in mind that you may lose some data.

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well.

Lastly, try switching network connections and see if that helps. Restart the router.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

It seems that a chrome update and driver update corrected the issue. I've never before had driver conflicts only show up in such a limited situation before!

Hey @Aarowaim,

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Enjoy your tunes! 🙂

Suggested posts