Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Not Working

Solved!

Web Player Not Working

behind corporate firewall. 

original link didn't work. 

beta link did. 

now beta link doesn't work either. 

anyone else having troubles?

79 Replies

What should I do, My Spotify web player is not working, I tried several times!

...I don't find that having two versions of a web player (quality version and the other) is horribly great resource-wise and so.

Anyhow.
Take a look at the Solution part.
I had Ooops errors as well...

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am experiencing the same issue on the Google Chrome browser and the Google Chromebooks. When I go to the link https://play.spotify.com which is the Chrome version of Spotify Web Player, what happens is that I get redirected to https://open.spotify.com which is the normal Spotify Web Player for the Google browser, and then what happens is that the screen goes completely white, occasionally doing a flash of the Spotify screen before going blank white again. I have been experiencing this issue for the past few weeks and I am sick of it, I really like Spotify but now I can't listen to it anymore. Please help!!! 

Mine just won't play music

I have the same problem. I click a song and nothing is playing. I have cleared my cache and cookies, restarted my computer and nothing. 

Marked as solution

How I fixed this problem:

1. Delete all SPOTIFY cookies.

2. Disable any adBlocker to all *spotify.com* domain

3. Play any song

4. Enable adBlocker and enjoy!

Hope this helps. 

p.s. all this was made on Google Chrome

@uncevicius

I can acess all categories then i push the play button, it doesnt work. I cant start the songs 😞 i m using google chrome version of 58.0.3029.96. Can anybody help me?

Marked as solution

What you did didn't work for me but i fixed it by connecting the App with the webplayer and it works fine now

Marked as solution

FOR CHROME

My friend's and mine Spotify Web Players just were not working on our school computers. I tried clearing all the cache and cookies and stuff (I have no clue what those mean I was just doing what other users were saying to do) and Web Player still wasn't working. I don't know about other users, but this is what was up with mine:

-When I opened the site the play bar at the bottom turned grey after a few seconds. I had managed to click the play button before it turned grey and it made no difference. 

-It says music had been recently played but the bar remained grey?? I didn't get it either.

-Clearing cache and cookies and reloading the page wasn't doing anything.

BUT, I think I found the solution. (or at least what worked for mine)

1.) Still clear all your cache and cookies, that might do something.

2.) Open a playlist and reload. Before the bar turns grey, double click on a song.

3.) Something should pop up that says, "Oops, something went wrong. Reload?" Click "Reload".

4.) It should work just fine now! Just double click a song and enjoy your music!

Marked as solution

Why is Spotify web not working beacuse you **bleep**ing poeple dont have it on google no more.I had everything on spotify web player and you **bleep** holes just didnt think it was good.C'mon put it back! I work so hard on finding my own place to put my music.

Marked as solution

Its still there for me, try this

link https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured

Marked as solution

beyyyyyyyyy none work omfgggggg now i finna ruin yt rnn bey

Marked as solution

I found that the Spotify web player can get confused sometimes as to what device is playing what. This will lead it to not playing anything in the web player when you click play on a song until it figures out that the browser is where it should be playing. Usually this is fixable by clicking the device list (next to the volume controls) and then clicking on your web browser in the list.

Sometimes, however, it gets stuck. When this happens to me, clicking on the web browser does nothing (ad blocker off, even), and no songs will ever play. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Close the Spotify web player.
  2. Launch Spotify on another device like your phone.
  3. Play a song. It doesn't matter which.
  4. Open up the web player again.
  5. The currently-running Spotify app should pop up with a message saying Spotify is open on your web browser. Tell it to start playing the current song there.
  6. Close the app on your phone. The song should be playing on the Spotify web player. This should have "unstuck" Spotify and given you full control over the web player again.

This worked for me with the specific problem I was facing, but I'm willing to bet that there is more than one reason why songs stop playing on Spotify. 

Marked as solution

Thanks man<3 worked for me

Thanks! that definetly did work!!!

Hi,

Its because you are logged in on other browser. Or it thinks you are. Logout en login and stuff will work.

I tried multiple browers, all fo which have ad block extensions on them. I found that once I turned the ad blocker off, web player began working again. Which I find strange because I pay for premium so I don't get ads but hey it worked! Hope this helps!

I've had multiple times where spotify would not play for whatever reason, I have the lastest flash player and I've tried using other search sites, but it still won't play. Help please.....thank you

So my problem is that everytime i open up spotify on google chrome, it makes me log in everytime. i don't know if that is normal but once i log in the spotify logo starts loading but doesn't finish loading so at this point i can't play any song even if i click the play button or anything. Does anyone know the solution?

Thanks, this one worked for me. 🙂

Suggested posts