Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Queue shows only 3 entries instead of 50

[Web Player] Queue shows only 3 entries instead of 50

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Web Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Web Player play queue is no longer displaying 50 songs, but only 3. So now if I'm playing an album and then add another album to my play queue it will show the current song playing from the current album, then the "next in queue" will only be one song from the new album instead of the entire album. Then the section showing "next from: Album title of the first album" will be the second song from the second album I queued. It's really annoying. Please fix this issue.

20210202_093145.jpg
20 Replies

Hi there @Charityrose,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try opening the web player from a different browser? 

We've tried retrodicting this on our end, but the queue seems to work as usual.

Also, let us know if this happens if you add playlists and individual songs to the queue.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can't even get the Web Player to open with Microsoft Edge (I use Chrome), all I get is a black screen. My queue is still only three songs long. If I play an album it only shows the song that's playing and the next two songs. If I queue another song, album or playlist it still only shows three songs. It's been going on all week now. I've restarted my computer and upgraded my browser, but it's still that way. It's been discouraging and I've started to transfer my playlists over to Amazon Music. Using a Web Player is my only option at work and if I can't arrange my queues properly it makes Spotify useless. I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for very many years and I don't really want to have to learn a new music service, but I'm seeing very little options for me right now.

Also, whenever I add anything (song, album, playlist) to the queue it skips however many songs I've added to the queue from the original album or playlist that I was playing. This makes Spotify unusable for me at work and I'm really disappointed.

Hi @Charityrose

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd recommend checking that the browsers you're trying to use are up to date. 

Also, keep in mind that some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. In this case, it's worth making sure that this is not causing the issue.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I stated in my previous reply that I upgraded my browser. I do not use
Microsoft Edge at work, I simply tried it as was suggested and it didn't
work. It also stands to reason that since the Web Player queue has worked
for years at work up until Monday afternoon it doesn't have anything to do
with restricted access. Also, I'm curious why my work network would
restrict my Spotify play next queue to only three songs..... and I feel
that it's very unlikely they would even have the ability to do that. Please
offer viable suggestions that are based on the information stated in my previous
comments.

Hey @Charityrose

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

It's possible that some organizations have restrictions for certain services. 

However, if this is not the case, we'd recommend using an incognito window to see if you notice anything new. 

You can also clear your browser's cache and cookies, as this could cause some issues. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

Okay,

So I did both of those things, then I went a step farther and had my
daughter sign into my Spotify account on her laptop at home. My queue is
only showing the currently playing and the next two songs. Not 50 like it
has always done. So it is not my computer, my network, my browser. It is
definitely a Spotify issue with the Web Player play next queue. Please fix
this issue as it is making Spotify unusable for me and if I can't use it
for the 10+ hours I am at work, then it is no longer a useful service to me
and I will have to switch my music player subscription to another company
even though I really do not want to.

I tried another thing. I had my daughter sign into her own Spotify account on her sister's laptop at her sister's home and the Web Player is still only showing three songs and not 50. So now I am positive it is a Web Player issue and not a user issue as three different accounts on four different computers on three different networks have experienced the same issue. Please investigate this problem and fix it as soon as possible.

Hi again @Charityrose

Thanks for all this info. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is also happening when you use the app on your phone or in a different computer?

Also, could you send us the exact version running on your main browser?

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

My phone app is fine, however, since you can't add entire playlists to the queue it isn't useful for this function. Also, I can't be looking at my phone all day while I'm at work, which is why I use the Web Player. Only the Web Player has this problem. I've stated (please read my replies thoroughly) that I've tried it on four different computers and the Web Player queue for all of our accounts on all of our computers on all of our different networks have the same issue. It is obvious this is not a problem only I am having since both of my daughters' Spotify accounts show the same issue when they pull up their accounts using the Web Player on their computers. They are all running the newest version of Chrome as far as I know. The computer I am on right now says this:
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying to open the web player in an  incognito tab or a different browser.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • browser

We'd also like to know how many users this is affecting, so make sure to also +VOTE this Ongoing Issue.

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Mihail Moderator

Apparently, none of you are even bothering to read my replies, since I
quite clearly stated I already tried the incognito and different browsers.
In fact, I already told you that I had three people, with three different
accounts look at their Web Player queue on FOUR (now five) different
computers with three different networks, all with the same browser and all
three of them experienced the same issues. I've also given you all of my
browser and computer information.
Since no one can even be bothered to read my replies I will also assume you
cannot be bothered to fix it. I guess I will have to finish transferring my
playlists over to Amazon music and cancel the premium subscription I've had
for over seven years. I am extremely disappointed. You might as well close
this since I will no longer need the Spotify "Community".

Hey @Charityrose,

Your info is valuable to us and we'll be happy to forward it to the right team here. Sorry to hear that you feel like we're not listening to you - that is most definitely not the case.

We've put your thread in our Ongoing issues section so that we'd be able to gather details info about what seems to be happening from other people as well.

We need to see if we'll get more users reporting the same issue so that we'd be able to provide the developer team with as much info as possible from different folks as that would be the best and fastest way to get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, we'd like to suggest one more step to see it helps - could you make sure to check your hosts files with the steps here?

Thanks in advance and apologies for any misunderstanding!

ElenaModerator

Hi @Charityrose,

Thanks for your patience while we looked in to this.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end, and we haven't seen any other users report this issue. As a result, we have to conclude that this issue is down to your individual setup, specifically your account.

We appreciate all the troubleshooting that you've tried. At this point, we'd suggest that you create a new account, transfer your saved music and playlists to the new account following these steps, and then close the old one. We understand that this is far from convenient, however it's the only option we can offer.

Let us know how you get on - we'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Take care!

Same exact issue, really frustrating.

--

Edit: I was using the Web Player to control the Desktop app on another computer. Closing and reopening the Desktop app fixed the issue. Good luck.

Hey @juanochoaiii

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

We're glad to hear that things are now working as they should. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. We're always here to help 🙂

Have a good one.

NovyModerator

I'm having almost this exact same problem on my Android Spotify app. My queue only displays the most recent song added (especially with podcasts). If I try adding another song to the queue, the one I had previously added disappears and is replaced by the new one. Tried clearing the cookies, uninstalled/reinstalled. Plenty of common sense things. Nothing has fixed the issue. 

Hi @EMH96,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

Could you tell us if this is happening when logging in with other devices?

Additionally, let us know if the issue persists when using a different account on your device. 

Lastly, send us over the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your phone. 

We'll be waiting here for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

The same issue as reported above. I use Spotify Desktop and my playlist contains 63 tracks but when I check the queue only six of them are visible. What is also interesting when I enable random playing order the queue length extends mysteriously to 9 tracks. In both cases I play in loop mode.
My setup:
Spotify for Windows (ver.  1.1.86.857.g3751ee08)
Windows 10 x64 (with all updates installed)

Adam

Suggested posts