Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Redirects to Main Spotify Page

Solved!

Web Player Redirects to Main Spotify Page

First off, I'm on a tablet, which prevents me from downloading the desktop version or the mobile app, and from using any browser other than Internet Explorer.

Every time I try to go to the Web Player, it just redirects me to the Spotify home page. No notice about needing Flash, no nothing. It just takes me where I don't want to be.

It was working just fine on Monday night, and then Tuesday it just ceased working.

Is there an issue with the player, or have the Powers That Be decided to prevent IE users from accessing it? I just want to listen to my music.

41 Replies

@VNNGYN wrote:

Dear folks,

Here is a fix to this problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75441695&postcount=557.

Thanks this did work on my Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT. Did note that I had to restart Developer Tools everytime I exited IE.  There was a similar fix posted some time ago with developer tools that worked for a while then did not . However for me personally  it is too little too late, as I previously had mentioned after going round and round with this issue with Spotify and getting nowhere , I switched over to Google play music for the same price I paid for premium and get all of the same music I want Plus it comes combined with a subscription to YouTube Red which has no commercials and also original series so goodbye to Spotify for me.

Upon further review of the suggested fix, I find, at least on my Surface 2 that playlist songs begin to play but then do not advance automatically either sequentially or in shuffle mode once a couple of songs play unless I manually click the progress bar. Also the same occurs when I try to manually advance to the next song in the list. So unless there is some addtional setting I am missing with developer tools, too much brain damage to deal with when Google Play works just fine with it's online webplayer and it too has a free version with ads. But I have the paid version and get YouTube Red as well included in the subscription.

@midiman wrote:

@VNNGYN wrote:

Dear folks,

Here is a fix to this problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75441695&postcount=557.

Thanks this did work on my Surface 2 Windows 8.1 RT. Did note that I had to restart Developer Tools everytime I exited IE.  There was a similar fix posted some time ago with developer tools that worked for a while then did not . However for me personally  it is too little too late, as I previously had mentioned after going round and round with this issue with Spotify and getting nowhere , I switched over to Google play music for the same price I paid for premium and get all of the same music I want Plus it comes combined with a subscription to YouTube Red which has no commercials and also original series so goodbye to Spotify for me.

Suggested posts