Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Screens turn black (on/off)

Solved!

[Web Player] Screens turn black (on/off)

Hey guys,

at work I'm not allowed to install the Spotify App on my Windows 10 laptop, so I'm listening via Spotfy Web Player (https://open.spotify.com/), usually using Chrome (73.0.3683.75 64-bit), but the same thing happens with MS IE Edge. When I open the homepage for the first time, my two screens are flickering or to be precise: they turn off and on for about 3 times. During that, they stay black for maybe 3-5 seconds each time, come back for 1-2 sec, then go black again. After these 3 iterations, the screen is back normal. During the incident, I can still access/navigate my PC normally - it only seems to affect the screens.
Though, the really bad thing is: as soon as I hit PLAY in Spotify, the same thing happens, though not only 3 times, but continuously (okay...I never let it run more than a few minutes, as I have to work here). Music starts in between, PC reacts normal, only the screens turn off and on continuously.

I have the following PC setup:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T550 with Ultra Doc Dockingstation
- Screens: 2 x NEC 21" 2170NX (yeah, they're old, I know)
connected to the Dockingstation via DVI and DVI to DisplayPort
both run with 1600x1200 at 60 Hz
I've updated all drivers, especially around my laptop's graphics chip, and including things like BIOS, without improving the situation.

If I use my laptop's screen as a third screen, the two external ones go black, while the laptop screen stays fine. Further, the issue only happens when using my docking station: if I only connect one screen directly to my laptop, the issue does not appear. However, WITH the docking station, the external screens go black - even if only one is connected or similar (I tried a lot).

I also tried to run Chrome with all extensions disabled, but it didn't help. Anyway, as MS IE Edge shows the same issue, I doubt that it's purely browser-related. JavaScript Console etc. don't show any errors. Tested to put Spotify into an iFrame of an HTML page -> same effect.

I know, this might be somehow related to my docking station, BUT: this ONLY happens with the Spotify Web Player. No other page or application causes this problem. AND: I've asked around in an internal message board at my company and two of my colleagues seem to have the same/similar issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks and cheers,
Flo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DelayPriest! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

No worries!

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check and comment on this ongoing issue thread for more details about it. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @DelayPriest! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

No worries!

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check and comment on this ongoing issue thread for more details about it. ^^

Peace

Suggested posts