Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Stoped playing any song

Solved!

Web Player Stoped playing any song

Recently the spotify web player just stopped playing anything in any browser. I still can click in any menu button, but if I click on any play buttons (a song, album, playlist, whatever) it doesn't work.

Anyone having the same problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I may have figured something out (at least for myself).  When I enter the application through the google apps, it gives me a lengthy URL.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?utm_campaign=acquisition_chromewebstore_gb&utm_content=gb##...

If you remove all the characters after the the ? the app will reload and work.  There must be something messed up in their cookies making the application not play.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?

View solution in original post

31 Replies

YES! It says Im playing from my phone, and I powered off my phone. This new design sucks....it doesnt scrobble to last.fm either

Same problem here, using Chrome.  The new look web player is rotten and glitchy.  And my employer won't let us download the app, so I'm stuck.  Fix this Spotify!

Yup. Songs won't play on Web Player. There's a green bar at the bottom pointing to "Other Devices" saying it's because I'm currently listening on Web Player... but I'm not. I'm TRYING to listen on Web Player. Logging in and out of my account through browser or my phone isn't solving the problem...

Having the same exact problem i even logged out of all devices and deleted all cookies within my browser, tried on chrome, firefox, and ie, none working all just have a green bar saying i am playing on webplayer already.

seems to be working now, may have just been an issue with the server or something

Seems to be working for me now too, but the interface still sucks.

Yes, I had the same problem with the new Web player. It wouldn't play anything.

Then I tried going to the profile settings page, and also opened Spotify app on my iPhone. I'm not sure if any of those actions made a difference, but then the music started playing on Web player.

But then I closed the profile settings, and the music stopped playing. Very frustrating. This new web player is glitchy as **bleep**.

Yep.

As if the new UI completely removing all functionality (as in play queue, browsing radio, Discover, all the parts that actually work) as well as looking like complete **bleep** (why do I have to click through fist sized album art to play a darn song off an album) wasn't bad enough, I can't even play songs.

Web player is the only way I can listen to Spotify at work because network settings block me from the desktop app, so this sucks. 

This is a pathetic, out of touch, and counterintuitive "upgrade" which does nothing but **bleep** off paying customers, haven't heard a single positive about the new UI. 

Pull it together spotify. 

Yes; having same problem. 

Same. Using chrome OS, i can click things but pressing the play button doesnt do anything.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Can't play on Chromebook anymore.... it says: Oooops, something went wrong with the playback.

No kidding!!!!!

Even if I use my phone to control the web player, my phone says it's playing and the "song timer" moves along but not on my computer and nothing is playing.

Same problem. Using Chrome browser, Android phone. Tried putting Android app into offline line mode and even turned my phone OFF It still won't play in Web Player. 

Same problem for me in Firefox and Chrome. I have to constantly refresh the page to get a song or playlist to even play. Also, I noticed the shuffle and repeat buttons are not responding well when clicked. Please fix this issue, Spotify! I don't want to have to drain my phone's battery at work just to listen to my music.

Tried Web Player in Firefox and it loaded the old Web Player and it's playing now. Chrome still does not work and is the new version of Web Player. What a mess.

I have the same exact problem and I contacted support but, they said there was nothing wrong with the web player. Now, I can't listen to music while doing my work. The whole setup of this new webpage is awful.

Happening here as well.  Initially, it was displaying the last song I was playing on my Samsung tablet.  I could play that song, but none else.  I closed that and restarted the web player.  It didn't show that I was connected to the Samsung tablet, but still wouldn't allow song to start.  I downloaded/installed the app and was able to start a new song.  When I closed the app and returned to the web player, it didn't work again.  It only showed the song I started on the app.

Web player clearly broken with last update.

Marked as solution

I think I may have figured something out (at least for myself).  When I enter the application through the google apps, it gives me a lengthy URL.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?utm_campaign=acquisition_chromewebstore_gb&utm_content=gb##...

If you remove all the characters after the the ? the app will reload and work.  There must be something messed up in their cookies making the application not play.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?

Lots of folks are having trouble. I've found something that works for me on my new Linux setup, but it may work for others--as it appears to be a browser issue.

I've gotten some positive feedback from a few that have had success with my suggestion.

Here's what I posted:

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

Suggested posts