Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Web Player Stoped playing any song

Solved!

Re: Web Player Stoped playing any song

Kavedoz
Casual Listener

Same. Using chrome OS, i can click things but pressing the play button doesnt do anything.

Highlighted

epsilon2
Casual Listener

Is this ever going to be fixed? Can't play on Chromebook anymore.... it says: Oooops, something went wrong with the playback.

No kidding!!!!!

Kavedoz
Casual Listener
Even if I use my phone to control the web player, my phone says it's playing and the "song timer" moves along but not on my computer and nothing is playing.

riotpatch
Casual Listener

Same problem. Using Chrome browser, Android phone. Tried putting Android app into offline line mode and even turned my phone OFF It still won't play in Web Player. 

artsyal

Same problem for me in Firefox and Chrome. I have to constantly refresh the page to get a song or playlist to even play. Also, I noticed the shuffle and repeat buttons are not responding well when clicked. Please fix this issue, Spotify! I don't want to have to drain my phone's battery at work just to listen to my music.

riotpatch
Casual Listener

Tried Web Player in Firefox and it loaded the old Web Player and it's playing now. Chrome still does not work and is the new version of Web Player. What a mess.

Camri

I have the same exact problem and I contacted support but, they said there was nothing wrong with the web player. Now, I can't listen to music while doing my work. The whole setup of this new webpage is awful.

daysend
Casual Listener

Happening here as well.  Initially, it was displaying the last song I was playing on my Samsung tablet.  I could play that song, but none else.  I closed that and restarted the web player.  It didn't show that I was connected to the Samsung tablet, but still wouldn't allow song to start.  I downloaded/installed the app and was able to start a new song.  When I closed the app and returned to the web player, it didn't work again.  It only showed the song I started on the app.

Web player clearly broken with last update.

Solution!

daysend
Casual Listener

I think I may have figured something out (at least for myself).  When I enter the application through the google apps, it gives me a lengthy URL.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?utm_campaign=acquisition_chromewebstore_gb&utm_content=gb##...

If you remove all the characters after the the ? the app will reload and work.  There must be something messed up in their cookies making the application not play.

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured?

oldFakebooker
Roadie

Lots of folks are having trouble. I've found something that works for me on my new Linux setup, but it may work for others--as it appears to be a browser issue.

I've gotten some positive feedback from a few that have had success with my suggestion.

Here's what I posted:

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

SUGGESTED POSTS