Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Stops playing music after 10 seconds

Solved!

[Web Player] Stops playing music after 10 seconds

I'm currently using the Web Player through Chrome on a Windows 10 computer and whenever I listen to a song the first 10 seconds are fine, but then it just stops playing. I have already tried clearing my cookies twice but to no avail.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Spotify are aware of this issue and are working hard to fix it 🙂

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

I have the exactly same problem with web player through Firefox v.53 on Debian Linux.

Every titel stops after 10 seconds 😞

Any solution so far?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have just tried and it seems to be fine.

You said you have clerared your cookies, have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Also, have you tried on another browser - does the issue still occur?

Let me know 🙂

-Thomas

Same here with Firefox 52 on Kubuntu Linux. I have deleted the cache and restarted the browser. But the problem is still there.

Same thing is happening to me.

I'm using Ubuntu, tried in Firefox and Chrome, both don't work.

Even after cleaning cache and coockies.

I cleared my cahce and it still doesn' work.

Hey,

Many other users have had this issue too.

I have rasied an issue, I will let you know on the updates, or you can follow it here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Web-Player-Not-Working/idi-p/1651531#M40711

Marked as solution

Hey,

Spotify are aware of this issue and are working hard to fix it 🙂

Hope this helps.

Same issue here: Linux Opensuse 13.1 and webplayer on Firefox.

Emptied cache and cookies, restarted, nothing helped

I also have this problem. Ubuntu, Firefox.

The problem was fixed but reappeared again a few days (weeks?) ago.

Ubuntu 16.04 (32-bits) Firefox 54.0

i solved the issue by upgrading firefox to beta

Having this issue in a chromebook - all of the threads with this same issue are closed without a solution - it just says spotify is aware of the problem and working to fix it. Definitely sucks.

Sincerely, a premium customer for now.

Same thing here on my Chromebook. Never had this issue before until a couple of weeks and now it happens all the time. This actually started happening a little while after I started Premium, so I'd like to be able to listen to music since I am paying for it. Is this actually going to be fixed or are Spotify's developers "just looking" at the issue? 

I have the same issue on a brand new Acer 15 Chromebook.   Sad, it's what I bought this new computer for primarily.   It's certainly not my network, I have Mad internet speeds and good WiFi.

NEEDS TO UNCHECK! The problem has returned, spoty music (pausing and skipping) playing when using Chrome and Firefox.

Suggested posts