Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player blank screen after login

Web Player blank screen after login

I can login to spotify just fine,  but after I do that, I just get this blank screen. I have tried restarting my computer, clearing my browser histories/cookies, refreshing the page, and waiting a few hours. I have also tried it on Microsoft Edge, and I had the same problem. The only solution I can find is here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Black-screen-web-player/td-p/1400805

but I can't try this solution because there's no option to inspect the page. 

spotify problem.png

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series

Operating System

Windows 10

Any help is appreciated. 

• WD
5 Replies

Hey @YungHawaiianSh1! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't look cool.

I can access this page properly. Could you check if there is a browser plugin of you that might cause this? And sure to check that you're logged in the account on the web player. 

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Did you manage to get this fixed? I'm now experiencing the same problem.

Hello @cammerz,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Are you experiencing this with any web-browser? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies to see if that helps?

Another thing you can try is to remove all Spotify entries from your Hosts file. Here's how you can do this:

Windows:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

MacOS:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop. 
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Same problem here, plus the webplayer randomly mutes when logged in (chromium based browser, win 10 x64, no adblockers, no vpn

When logged in sometimes it loads the page sometimes it doesn't, if it does, the webplayer tends to go silent after about 10 seconds..

When logged out everything plays normally, no issue (for the content that doesn't require login that is).

Problem is not solved when deleting cookies, I've tried that several times

Both seperate issues have apparently been popping up since around 2018, and have seemingly never been fixed.

Fyi, my daily job is sysadmin, and I am a qualified network engineer, so to anyone reading this please take this advice to heart..

Do NOT follow the above advice. and do NOT attempt to edit your hosts file! For the love of god DO NOT MESS WITH THE HOSTS FILE UNLESS YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

Hey @Enschede9,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if you experience these issues while using another browser?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts