Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player constantly freezing up, clones webpage in Connect to Device webpage

Web Player constantly freezing up, clones webpage in Connect to Device webpage

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Win8

My Question or Issue

Spotify.png

As you can see from the included image, Spotify seems to think that the one single Web Player window I have open is, in fact, three different sources - and it keeps trying to reconnect to the middle one, but since the middle one is this one, it just plays nothing, because it's trying to source from itself.

I have ensured that there is no issue with other devices using my account, I went through the whole rigamarole of logging out of all devices and logging back in, and the issue reoccurred. I can also ensure that the conflict is not with the app, as I have not installed the app. I use the web player exclusively.

Spotify, what on earth could have caused this? And also, please fix it. It kinda really sucks.

1 Reply

Hey there @Xenolith166,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are we'd recommend starting off by giving this a try in an incognito window or using a different browser.

If your issue persists, it might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts