Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player does not play anything in Firefox - Content Security Policy Violated

Web Player does not play anything in Firefox - Content Security Policy Violated

When I attempt to listen to music with Spotify Web player today (Monday May 14th 2018 - it worked on Friday May 11th) in my Firefox (59.0.2, 64-bit, the standard one on openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64), clicking any play button does not do anything. There is no way to listen to music on Spotify for me. When the web page loads, the following always appears in Console:

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src”). Source: 
var _comscore = _comscore two_pipe_symbols [];
_comsc....

5SqbMEyAt8332ISGiLX0St:126

(Note that two_pipe_symbols above actually stand for the logical or operator which is not allowed to be posted into this forum ?!?)

Clicking on the location, it reveals a script (which I cannot paste here also because it contains the or operator) indeed does seem to load a script from https://sb.scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js. If I understand correctly that the content policy does not allow scripts from outside Spotify then this appears to be a rather stupid bug.

When I click on the "Enable Shuffle" button, The whole page disappears (I just get grey background) and The following gets added to the console:

TypeError: h.default.from(...) is null[Learn More]          web-player.80ce4f0a.js:1:981591

But this may be just another consequence of the first error.

2 Replies

The content Security policy may not bee the root cause, when I disabled it in about:config, the error in Console went away but hitting Play buttons still does nothing. Also, clicking on Shuffle still causes the behavior described above.

This got resolved after a re-load at some point during the week. The errors in console are still there but Web player plays music fine.

Suggested posts