Web Player for Podcasts missing video

Web Player for Podcasts missing video

litewoheat
Regular

On Crome, Firefox and Safari  on MacOS or Windows

The Web Player for podcasts (Joe Rogan) is missing the video.  Clicking on the video button does nothing other than bring up an empty video player.

Audio does play.

24 Replies

Taiken1
Casual Listener

If I keep changing between episodes, eventually it will start working.  Generally clicking on the video link does nothing.

litewoheat
Regular
The video will load maybe 1/10 times or less but usually it will not. I’ve tried MANY episodes, switch back and forth etc. etc.

IF the video loads, I can switch between episodes and the video will play but IF I can get the video to work then refresh the page it goes back to not working.

Looking the debug console THIS is why its not working

Uncaught (in promise) HarmonyError: Cannot get subtitle languages on remote player.
at E.getSubtitleLanguages (vendor~web-player.bd68288a.js:1)
at web-player.021f68f1.js:1
at r (vendor~web-player.bd68288a.js:1)

This is on a clean chrome browser with no extensions, up to date on a clean OS.

CarlosE

Hi again @litewoheat,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Can you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot, and let us know if that makes any difference? Also, if you're using a VPN, try disabling it as it can interfere with Spotify.

If the issue persists, can you try using the desktop app instead of the web player and let us know if the video is played there? On Windows, we suggest downloading it from the Microsoft Store.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

litewoheat
Regular
I tried 3 connections and 2 locations and a VPN already

SUGGESTED POSTS