Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player for Podcasts missing video

Web Player for Podcasts missing video

On Crome, Firefox and Safari  on MacOS or Windows

The Web Player for podcasts (Joe Rogan) is missing the video.  Clicking on the video button does nothing other than bring up an empty video player.

Audio does play.

43 Replies

Broken here too.

Hi there @litewoheat and @Taiken1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Can you try using an incognito/private window in the browser to see if that makes any difference? Also, try playing another episode and see if the video is played, then go back to the episode you were trying to play and let us know if now the video is playing correctly.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This happens on 7 different browsers on 3 different machines on 2 different operating systems. 2 of which I’ve never used Spotify on. I initially tried incognito. No episodes play video.

I didn't go as deep as the other guy, but two browsers on two machines, Firefox and Chrome, neither works, and the show video button does nothing.

On edit:  Incognito mode made no difference.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

Just to confirm, did you try playing another episode and then going back to the one you were trying to play? I tried it that way and it worked, as the video wasn't playing at first, but after starting playing a different episode the video came back.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

The video will load maybe 1/10 times or less but usually it will not. I’ve tried MANY episodes, switch back and forth etc. etc.

IF the video loads, I can switch between episodes and the video will play but IF I can get the video to work then refresh the page it goes back to not working.

Looking the debug console THIS is why its not working

Uncaught (in promise) HarmonyError: Cannot get subtitle languages on remote player.
at E.getSubtitleLanguages (vendor~web-player.bd68288a.js:1)
at web-player.021f68f1.js:1
at r (vendor~web-player.bd68288a.js:1)

This is on a clean chrome browser with no extensions, up to date on a clean OS.

Hi again @litewoheat,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Can you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot, and let us know if that makes any difference? Also, if you're using a VPN, try disabling it as it can interfere with Spotify.

If the issue persists, can you try using the desktop app instead of the web player and let us know if the video is played there? On Windows, we suggest downloading it from the Microsoft Store.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I tried 3 connections and 2 locations and a VPN already

I have the same issue since a couple of days ago. I can get video if I use the Spotify App on Windows or Chrome OS. Web Player is audio only.

I have tried Web Player in Chrome (Chrome OS), Firefox (Linux) and Edge (Windows), I get audio only on all.

I have tried different computers, phones, laptops, an ipad, different wifi, ethernet, hotspot, and a vpn and I have been unable to get videos to work. Could a spotify employee please actually try and help with the issue or give a solution instead of asking about things that we all have already tried to no avail? It is completely useless.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmation.

Can you try disabling any VPN to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can log in with a different account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if you get the same behavior. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Tried those. They did not change the issue. This is a widespread problem that many users have talked about recently on other platforms such as twitter and reddit. Please try and give meaningful help/feedback instead of just asking more irrelevant questions.

I’m not using a VPN. I created a new account and it didn’t make a difference.

How are YOU not seeing this? There’s a thread on Reddit about it.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We tried this on our end and we couldn't replicate the same behavior.

Can you make sure that the box button with the play icon is clicked as that enables the video?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes I clicked it. An empty video player shows up in the lower right corner.

Did YOU try a different network?

This is ridiculous. Do you not see the people on Twitter complaining?

Here’s a screen recording:

https://recordit.co/mBrCm7a33j

Hey @litewoheat,

Thanks for your reply.

We are aware that there are users experiencing issues with video podcasts, but since we can only troubleshoot remotely we need to go through a series of steps to narrow down what the cause of the issue might be.

Could you let us know if you've tried logging in with a different account, such as another free account, or have a friend log in with theirs to check whether the player behaves in the same manner.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I already said I created a new account and still had the same problem.

I can create a HAR file for you so you can see that the problem is that the video player requests subtitles via XHR and that request fails throwing an exception that stops video player initialization.

Give me an email address or a drop location to send that HAR file to.

If I keep changing between episodes, eventually it will start working.  Generally clicking on the video link does nothing.

Have you guys just given up?  This is still broken.   

Clicking the "box button" just opens an empty player.  See the video: https://recordit.co/mBrCm7a33j

Suggested posts