Web Player keeps logging me out every 1-2 minutes

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows (tried using both Internet Explorer and Edge browsers)

My Question or Issue

So far today, the web player (which I have never had issues with using on this computer for the past 4-5 months) keeps logging me out every 1-2 minutes. I can't even make it through one song before I am logged out. I know there is no one else using my sign on, as I have checked that. I have also made sure my browsers are up to date. I cannot install any new browsers because this is a work computer. What is going on and how can I stop the web player from logging me out?

13 Replies

I have the same problem since yesterday.

Operating System

Linux Fedora 27

Browser

Mozilla Firefox 60.0.2 (64-bit)

Also, every time I log back in the volume is at 100%, which is pretty annoying.

Mine is like 3 or 4 songs later, then it just automatically logs out. It's so irritating.

Same here. Windows 7, Firefox 61. Mine takes about 5-10 minutes to cycle, and when I log back in my volume is also maxed.

It's definitely an issue with Spotify and not your device. I have the same issue, along with songs randomly pausing on all my devices. Logged out so many times, and customer service even did some rebooting stuff on their end, and nothing. Shame we spend money for premium service and the service is the total opposite.

Mine started on the computer today. But for the past 4-6 months my Windows Phone app has been awful. It will play a song or two then rest or it will get to the commercial and only play a part of it or play one of three or four but seldom makes it through it. 

It hasn't played for more than 6 minutes at a time since that issue started. 

Is this going to take a month to resolve or at least a @spotify rep to take notice and respond with some action plan?

Yup. I've been having this issue for at least three months. I've reached out to customer support a couple times. They tried, but then they gave up because none of their troubleshooting worked. Looks like the developers need to look into this rather than a customer service rep. 

I've just still been paying for/using Spotify because I prefer it over other music services, but I'm leaning more towards jumping ship every time a song pauses or I have to log back in. 

Same to me! Plus my TV stopped working yesterday (not whole TV, Spoti on TV 😛 ) and I couldn't log in to the community:D

I would email spotify on this and check your computer for any viruses.

no viruses here, I am a programmer, so I have checked all the possible bugs on my side:)

however, the issue has been solved, right?

Hey folks,

We're sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Just to check, is this still happening?

If so can you let us know your exact device, operating system, and browser (+ version)?

Thanks,

/M

nah, everything works fine for me, thx!

It seems like the problem has come back.

Google Chrome, Windows 10.

Suggested posts