Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player no longer works on Edge

Solved!

Web Player no longer works on Edge

Have been using Web Player for over a year on Edge.   For last 2 days, it no longer works.   It loads the page, flashes, reloads with all the dashboard graphics and then goes away and displays "This page is having a problem loading".     On same PC and user account works fine in IE...but I don't want to run IE and Edge.  

29 Replies

Now there seems to be a whole new interface on Chrome, while Edge displays the old one with the same crashing behaviour 😐

This totally sucks! - Mine hasn't worked properly for months on Edge - which is important for me as I've got a full 5.1 system and it's the only browser that seems to matrix the sound to all the speakers.

Deezer seems to work with it though.  I've signed up for a trial, and if at the end of the three months it's not fixed I'll jump over.  It's a shame too - because I like A LOT of things about Spotify, but this is a deal breaker.

This is happening to me too, and it's affecting my blog.  The website that I have my blog through has been great with helping me, but I reached out to Spotify and was told that they'd get back to me.  I haven't heard anything so far.  I'm very dissappointed.

Marked as solution

Great news folks! 

The new Spotify Web player is up and running on the Edge14+ web browser for Windows. To enable it, you just need to download a media pack from Microsoft. Here’s how: 

1. Go to the Microsoft download centre.
  2. Select your language and click Download.
  3. Choose your platform and click Next.
  4. Go to the Web player and enjoy Spotify from the comfort of your own web browser. 
Check out Microsoft's download centre for more details and a full installation guide.

Hi.

This is definitively a great news!

By the way, the media pack is only required for N version of windows; regular version of Windows 10 already feature all codecs (and trying to install the linked update fails to install).

Thanks!

I have no idea what this means. What are platforms and how do you choose one?

Hi all,

it doesn´t work on my computer (Windows 10, latest version / Edge Browser). After download I even recieve the message that those packages are not "suitable" for my computer..

Regards

Sascha

Why-What-When schrieb:

I have no idea what this means. What are platforms and how do you choose one?

"Platforms" are the available versions of Windows like Windows 10 Home or Pro. The download package for "N" versions installs missing multimedia features of this version like the Windows Media Player or Digital Rights Management (DRM) which is the reason why the new Spotify web player does not work on these special "N" Windows platforms. They usually are only available to European Windows users, by the way. So if you already have a Windows version with DRM etc., you don't need that download package, and trying to install it will result in an error message.

Pretty much given up on Edge. Went back to Chrome and it works fine.

There is finally a REAL solution for that problem. The thing is that you have to enable DRM Digital Rights Management in your browser. Chrome and Mozilla are having this feature since a while however MIcrosoft Edge has got this feature recently as well.

Open Microsoft Edge --> click on 'three dots on the right top corner' --> settings --> view advanced settings --> turn on 'let sites have protected media licenses on my device'

Suggested posts