Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player not working in Chrome - buttons misbehaving

Solved!

Web Player not working in Chrome - buttons misbehaving

Morning,

I've used Web Player for years at work, as downloads are locked on our office network.

Since last week the Web Player is working correctly in every way except it won't play anything!
I can search, browse albums/playlists, add tracks to playlists, but as soon as I try to hit a Play button nothing happens.

It's as if the button just doesn't work.

All the buttons in the play bar at the bottom of the screen are equally useless. Shuffle is currently on but a click does nothing, it just remains green.

Any ideas?

I've already followed all the troubleshooting guides I can find.

I'm running Chrome browser on Windows 8.1.

Thanks

30 Replies

I had exactly the same issue here, I switched source on my PC to my PC, but I needed to go to my phone which had the app installed and also change the source to PC on my phone, it seems that the web player and other devices have trouble with syncing settings

Anyone have a workaround for a web player that's not connected via wifi???

Sure the switiching devices method works well if you're on the same netework. I work for the govt., so we are pretty locked down.

Same problem.

Copied my webplayer link into an incognito window and it worked immeditaly.

Went back to my normal window, refreshed. boom.

Back to normal.  

Hi. I have the same issue - I'm using Google chrome and the web player does not work at all; I can't even log in to my account. I also tried opening it using incognito but it still does not work. Maybe you could you help me fix this? Thanks.

I have had the same issue.  When I get in to work everyday I initially try to start spotify via the browser.  Sometimes it will start playing, sometimes nothing happens when I press the "play" button for any play list, song, etc..

However, I recently installed the desktop client on the same computer where I try to use spotify via the browser.  When the browser doesn't work, I'll open the desktop client and start playing the music there and it works!  In addition, the browser picks this up and shows what I'm listening to.  After this, the browser works fine.

Not exactly sure what the issue could be, but somehow the browser gets "stalled" when the other clients do not.  I do see some errors in the browser console:
---
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND  blob:https://open.spotify.com/6cd5d5ad-bfb7-42b0-9967-f1926fc8facb:1

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' open.scdn.co www.google-analytics.com cdn.ravenjs.com vt.myvisualiq.net www.gstatic.com". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-exNIbRoBufGA8Xw81IIBBDk1C1yh5NkucdznLehlx2g='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.
---
But not sure they're related

I should also note that in the scenario above, when the browser is NOT working, I do not see any other "sources" where I can play the music.  Even when the browser is the only client open to a user's account, it seems like that should show in one of the sources.

I have the same issue

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' open.scdn.co www.google-analytics.com cdn.ravenjs.com vt.myvisualiq.net www.gstatic.com". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-exNIbRoBufGA8Xw81IIBBDk1C1yh5NkucdznLehlx2g='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

2api.spotify.com/v1/episodes/meta:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()

Launching in an incognito tab and then switching back to the regular tab works as well for me. Clearly Chrome doesn't like something by default unless incognito or app-level validation also occurs. Lousy coding.

I've tried everything in this string and it still is not working

i give up. work network is very locked down. used to work

now not. guess i will use my phone 😞

What happened again? I log in to my account and before even hit play or load my playlist or whatever it shows a blank black screen and you can't do anything... tried everything nothing works. Chrome, FF. All latest... i ha started to be a lot angry with all the issues, the spotify for me doesn't exist anymore. I literally give up!

Ok here is what i did and looks that works. I noticed misbehaving between spotify and google ads(visual).

1. I ended my chrome from task manager "End Task"

2. Clean my chrome cache with CCleaner.

I restarted my machine and till now works again... i hope it will last.

Suggested posts