Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player on Chromebook not working

Web Player on Chromebook not working

Hi, I just recently got an Acer Chromebook 14. I tried using the Web Player, but it won't work! When I press the play button, no music plays. I tried clicking on the play button on the bottom and on the individual song itself but it still doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be any other problems besides that nothing plays! I also don't get messages about Flash players either. PLEASE HELP!!!

5 Replies

You should check to see if you are connected onto that device...spotify could still be running through a phone or something

Let me know if that helped 🙂

Hello, thanks for replying. I'm not sure what you mean by "connecting to another device." Please clarify this for me. Thanks!

Or Its not the volume slider in spotify that you need to check but window's sound level for spotify which you can only get to through the system tray or control panel. As well as there being a system wide volume level each app playing sound also has a level and for some reason this is sometimes muted for spotify.

The other thing to check is the output device settings in control panel. Windows may have decided to output spotifys sound somewhere other than your speakers.

OHH! Thanks so much! I found out the solution! I clicked on the connect button and then clicked "listening on this web browser." Thank you for mentioning it because it made me click the button and realize! 🙂

Suggested posts