Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player plays wrong song after "Remove from Your Music" on a song above the selected one

Web Player plays wrong song after "Remove from Your Music" on a song above the selected one

1. In the Web Player, go to "Your Music" -> "Songs"

2. Play songs as normal

3. From the "..." menu for a song, pick "Remove from Your Music" (when I did this, I had previously selected to play this song, not sure if necessary to reproduce).

4. Any songs above the deleted one in the list play fine.

5. Any songs below the deleted one in the list start playing the song above them by 1.

6. Something that could be tested: delete more songs, and play songs further down in the list. I suspect that Spotify just doesn't update the internal array of songs properly (though it does update the visual one).

1 Reply

I had a simillar problem actually, which later on caused a problem a lot like yours. I had a song that was in my library - in a playlist of mine - that I had removed from that playlist. The playlist was then acting funny, as I had clicked shuffle play on my phone again. A random song played, which of course that's what shuffle does and it was playing the wrong song. It was playing the song I had just previously listened to before the one that had just ended. Not worrying too much though it had eventually fixed itself after skipping and trying to play the song again. So don't worry, just click the song in your playlist you want to play, if it plays one above or one down skip the song you're listening to and try clicking play on that song again. If this doesn't help then I'm sorry I don't know what will, but normally these type of things fix themselves after a while of being put up with so just be a bit patient.

-Someone had also once told me that things like this are just a tiny bug/glitch that can't always be avoided or fixed, and sometimes it can be your internet not being used to spotify.

Suggested posts