Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player sends Random Music to Android and Windows Player?

Web Player sends Random Music to Android and Windows Player?

Since a Week my Android and Windows Spotify Players keep starting RANDOM MUSIC from the "Webplayer" as a Device. I disconnected the Web Player i dissalowed the webplayer to access my account in the settings nothing helped. Its very anoying that it plays even when im not home. It even skips my songs i listen to some random songs i would NEVER listen to. I dont know what to do to stop it. It drains my Power it drains my Data Volume (lost 500mb so far through that....) and its just a pain. 

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed

It sounds like your account might be accessed by someone else.

I highly recommend you follow the steps in this article on how to get your account secured.

Also, make sure you're following these tips, they are very useful 🙂

If you need more help, let me know!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did changed my password right away etc. Still got the problem. Sorry to say that but i know how to act in such situations 😄 

@user-removed

Did you also hit the "Sign Out Everywhere" button as described in the article? If you don't, the other person is still logged in and able to use your account. 🙂

Note: If you use Facebook to log in (but the account is not made with Facebook), then you'll have to change the password both on Facebook and on Spotify account page.
I also recommend changing the password for your email account, just in case.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

Yep i logged out everywhere. Im not using facebook to login and its not made with facebook. i also changed the pass on my email. I also talked to 1-2 people on facebook who experience the same problem. 

@user-removed

In this case I suggest you read this article (especially the 2. point).

Hope this helps 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Like i said before nobody else has or had access to it and no my email did not Change.....why is the only posibility that its MY fault? Or its on my end? My account is safe period 

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out in the community!

Sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available (find this in the Now Playing bar on mobile, or by clicking  in the bottom-right on desktop). Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

If you see a message that your account is being used somewhere else, and you don’t recognize that device, you may have left your account logged in on someone else’s device.

If you don’t have access to that device, you need to ask the owner of the device to log out of your account. You can also sign out remotely from your account page and for extra safety, you can change your password. For more information on this, see here.

If that doesn't do the trick and you see any further unknown devices or any of your music is missing or unknown music is being added, we'd highly suggest reaching out to us by heading here. This way, our support teams can help by taking a closer look for you.

Hope this helps clarify things 🙂 Feel free to let us know if you have further questions.

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts