Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player won't play

Solved!

Web Player won't play

Hi,

Web player has stopped working for me. I can browse around fine, but nothing happens when I click on any of of the play buttons. The button is enabled and "clicks" but the track time stays at 0:00. I have the correct browser selected in Spotify Connect. This is happening at work and at home, different computers, multiple browsers. No ad-blockers are installed. Could there be a problem with my account?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I may have had the same problem as you (for me Chrome/FireFox/Opera not working, but Edge was working). I was able to fix the problem by following @thepest solution here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-Player-not-working-in-Chrome-b...

It's as if the browser/web player is, for lack of a better term, "stuck". With the web player open, I played music with the Spotify app on my phone, clicked Devices Available on the bottom of the app, and then switched it to Spotify Web Player. The browser/web player started playing like normal again, as if it got "unstuck". If it's indeed the same problem, worst case you might need to fiddle with different devices playing back to the web player (and vice versa, also might need to close and reopen web player) to get it working again.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

This has been happening for about 48 hours now

Same for me

Marked as solution

Hi, I may have had the same problem as you (for me Chrome/FireFox/Opera not working, but Edge was working). I was able to fix the problem by following @thepest solution here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-Player-not-working-in-Chrome-b...

It's as if the browser/web player is, for lack of a better term, "stuck". With the web player open, I played music with the Spotify app on my phone, clicked Devices Available on the bottom of the app, and then switched it to Spotify Web Player. The browser/web player started playing like normal again, as if it got "unstuck". If it's indeed the same problem, worst case you might need to fiddle with different devices playing back to the web player (and vice versa, also might need to close and reopen web player) to get it working again.

That fixed it thanks!!! I downloaded Spotify for Windows, played a track, and then went back to the Web Player and all was well 😄 😄

Thanks! This worked for me!

Thanks! Couldn't get the like button to work , but downloading the windows app , playing on the app, pausing it , then closing and reopening the web app worked !

This was the best suggestion! i've been having the same issue. I pulled spotify up on my phone, selected my work computer from the available devices and it's like it jump started it! Thank you so much!

Suggested posts