Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player won't work

Web Player won't work

Plan

Free

Country

USA 

Device

Chromebook

My Question or Issue

My spotify won't play my music, no matter what I click. I click the play button on an album or song, or even if I click shuffle on a song, it just won't play. I don't know how to fix this, so if someone else does, please let me know.

10 Replies

Hey @Viee

I can share a few tips on how to get your web player to function normally. 🙂 Try these:

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Wipe your browser's cookies and cache.

3. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

4. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

5. Try playing some music in Spotify on mobile or some other device whilst the web player is open. Then try using Spotify Connect to transfer playback over to the web player.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

it didn't work, but thank you for trying!

@Viee

Alright, let's try something else 🙂

This method was discovered by another user a while ago when the web player was stuck in a similar way:

1. Point your cursor on the album cover where the play symbol appears.

2. Start clicking fast the play cover button, press F5 (or Ctrl + R) for refresh while still clicking fast.

3. Keep clicking until the page has fully reloaded.

Then the player is available again for you to use. If it doen't work at the first time, try a second time.

I also recommend restarting the router, just in case - could be a network issue.

When did this issue start happening? 🙂

Keep me in the loop!

SebastySpotify Star

@Sebasty

I had the same issue as the person who asked this question and when I followed your last tip, it solved my issue! Thanks so much! I'd been trying to get it to play for ages. 

Once again, thank you!!!

Holy **bleep**, this actually worked! I was getting desperate over the past weeks to the point of already having cancelled my account. Now just hoping the same goes for when I'm at work...

Hey! I'm having the same problem this days with the Web Player. I've tried with all the possible solutions that you had suggested and it didn't work. 

I REALLY need to play music in Spotify, I've tried for four days to use the web player and there's no way. 

@qz-_14lfm2ot

That's odd!

Are you under some corporate network by chance? The web player might not work when the network's firewall drops some Spotify-related traffic. It might also not work properly with VPN.

You can also try going to the web player through incognito mode, by temporarily disabling addons as well as through another browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Opera).

Keep me posted! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Do you have the spotify app on your phone? If so this could be the answer. Spotify's software is crappy. Power off your phone. Refresh the webplayer until it starts working. Power up your phone. Both should work now.

@sebasty

Hey, guys! I've tried those possible solutions and they didn't work.

I'm thinking if there is a bug in the web player's computer code.

I'd like to contact with someone of the Spotify team to finish it for goods and all. 

I'm missing listen to music here!

Well, I've solutionated this already. I've started to play music on the Android app for an hour or so, then i turned up the (windows 10 Chorme) web player and it appeared the album that i was playing in pause. So, i paused in the mobile phone and then i clicked on the computer play.

Maybe it 'd be useful to anyone with this problem

Thank you, by the way.

Suggested posts