Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player can't playback in some account.

Solved!

Web player can't playback in some account.

Today I realized web player can't works.

Few days ago, I could playback in web player. But now it doesn't playback, even if I click play button.

I tried sevral ways to know what's going on. First, I checked android app can play, and this is OK. Second, I checked OSX desktop app can play, and this is OK. Lastly, I'm logging in to web player with other account, and this also OK. So, I understand this problem is about my account, but I don't know what can I do.

My problem should be asked to Support. But I post this topic for someone who has same problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried some more patterns.

Erase all web browser cache and cookie; works well.
But it changed to fail again soon.

And I realised web player setting of connection to the device is "This browser." This is little bit strange. If any other player is not working, this area appears description of what is connection to the device. So, I tried to play on android app, and web player shows 2 devices at setting of connection. Then I paused android app, and choosed the device "This browser." Finaly, I can listen in web player.

It might be error about selecting devices. If you worried about playback in web player, it might be good to playback in other device once.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I fixed it by disabling the ad blocker.

Marked as solution

I tried some more patterns.

Erase all web browser cache and cookie; works well.
But it changed to fail again soon.

And I realised web player setting of connection to the device is "This browser." This is little bit strange. If any other player is not working, this area appears description of what is connection to the device. So, I tried to play on android app, and web player shows 2 devices at setting of connection. Then I paused android app, and choosed the device "This browser." Finaly, I can listen in web player.

It might be error about selecting devices. If you worried about playback in web player, it might be good to playback in other device once.

Thank you,

Suggested posts