Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player constantly stopping

Web player constantly stopping

I've been having an issue recently where the web player, using firefox, will simply stop working. I get a little popup about how 'a tab is slowing down your browser' and I've got to kill it if I want to resume listening. This issue has been occuring since the same update in which the (now mostly fixed) playlist loading issue was introduced, and is extremely frustrating.
3 Replies

Hey @DrSquishy.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? If you have but it didn't help, we'd like to know if you are experiencing the same issue in another web-browser.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

I'm sorry for the long delay on this; the issue doesn't seem to occur in other browsers, and clearing the cache + cookies did not help with this issue

Hey @DrSquishy.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you find out if your Firefox browser is up-to-date? If it is, there might be a setting preventing you from listening to music on Spotify. Check the firewall inside Firefox to see if Spotify is blocked. You could also choose to restore your Firefox preferences back to default.

Alternatively you could use any other of the following 4 web-browser which are supported:

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts