Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player doesn't advance in playlist

Web player doesn't advance in playlist

The web player stops after each song in the playlist. Only refreshing the page and hitting Play plays the next song. This went bad this week.

Firefox 59.0.2 64-bit

30 Replies

Really wish Spotify had better customer service and didn't have to search in so many places to finally talk to someone who works there and can help us out. Not everyone can swtich browsers and shouldn't have to. Firefox is a popular site. i even turned off add blockers and did all the other stuff and still have an issue, which was not an issue as on Monday of this week.

Absolutely agree; it was difficult for me to find a contact email to forward this issue to. Spotify does seem to respond to inquiries via Twitter, but I do not like using Twitter. It is kind of silly that I have to go that route to get something fixed instead of chatting or emailing customer service. 

I noticed the same thing today as well. I would start a song at the begining of an album in FF and when the song ended the next song would not begin although the UI indicated the web app was playing. Unfortunately I have nothing new to add. I switched to Chrome and the web player behalves as expected. 

Yes, and Spotify could tell Mozilla what to fix more effectively than us.

@Nico do you know how I could contact a Spotify employee about this issue?

Same problem. When it should play the next song the time shows incorrectly. Happens on both my work and home PC,both FireFox. Not with other browsers. One has no Firewall so it's definitely a thing with FF.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.20 - 07.49.24.78.png

I am emailing to support@spotify.com

Good news is they're pretty responsive, bad news is they haven't been able to solve this issue.  But at least it is worth a try.

Had the same problem with Spotify webplayer playlists, but after I disabled tracking protection in Firefox, everything seems to work now

Probably does not solve the problem for good, but this was second thing that came to mind after clearing cahe didn't work 🙂

Just to make sure this thread doesn't fall off the forum and Spotify doesn't see it - this issue with Firefox is still ongoing.

Hey @locusts-of-chir and others

This issue is currently under investigation. I suggest keeping your eyes on this thread as updates on it will be posted there. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts