Country

Czech Republic

Device

Oppo Find 5

Operating System

Android KitKat 4.4.4

Chrome 81

My Question or Issue

Spotify Web Player no longer works on Android. Previously it was possible to sign in in the browser and play music right there, but now, the UI is limited, the bottom buttons are not there any more and every action automatically opens the app.

This was my only known workaround to have two accounts on a media device, so this is a major set back. Having to re-log in any time I or my wife want to play our own playlists is not an option as we both use Facebook social login with 2FA and it is necessary to delete cache, otherwise the popup window automatically logs in the last used FB account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @nimareq,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We recommend that you restart your device and check for any available updates for the OS and browser. If that doesn't fix things, could you send us a screenshot of how the web player is displayed at your end? We'll be more than happy to take a look at what buttons are missing.

In the meantime perhaps a possible workaround could be for you and your wife to share and follow your playlists or make collaborative ones? That way there wouldn't be a need to switch between accounts on your smartphone.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @nimareq,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We recommend that you restart your device and check for any available updates for the OS and browser. If that doesn't fix things, could you send us a screenshot of how the web player is displayed at your end? We'll be more than happy to take a look at what buttons are missing.

In the meantime perhaps a possible workaround could be for you and your wife to share and follow your playlists or make collaborative ones? That way there wouldn't be a need to switch between accounts on your smartphone.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts