Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win7

My Question or Issue

Since a few days I can't open the spotify web player due to the error message attached. This happens on Firefox as well as on Chrome, and even when the pc is freshly restarted and spotify is the first page I open. It asks me to "close the tab to hear more music" which is ridiculous because it's the only open tab at all...

Spotify.JPG
47 Replies

Hey there @Guitarjane,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, could you give it a try opening our Web Player in an incognito or private window in your browsers and let us know if the issue persists? You can find more info on opening an incognito/private window here.

If it doesn't persist, we'd recommend clearing the cache and cookies memory of your browsers. We'd also suggest making sure that your browsers are both on the latest version available.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi

I tried all your suggestions - no success. 😞

Please help me to use Spotify Premium again as soon as possible as I am paying every day for it...

Thanx! 

Having the same issue, even tried to logout all opened sessions, with no success.

I'm runing chrome web player, I saw in the smartphone app that are "open", a few chrome players, but that isn't truth.

Tried to use incognito window, with no success, same info of tab limit presented.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to confirm, does this also happen in a different browser, for example Edge or Firefox? 

If this only happens in the one browser, we'd recommend trying disabling any extensions you might have enabled (for example an active adblocker) to see if that makes any difference.

We'll be keeping an eye on your replies 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Yes, I tried on my Mac in Firefox, Chrome and Safari...

Hey there and thanks for your help.

Yes, I tried a secure window, I tried different browsers and I even tried different PCs.

With no effort.

Same here, it happens on other browser in Windows 10, strangely, I can login without issues on Chrome mobile in my smartphone. 

Solution for this issue please? Been without using spotify for 4 days! 

Same issue here. 

I'm on Windows 10. Same message "So you've discovered the tab limit..." in Chrome and Edge.

Same error here.  Android App shows multiple open Chrome web players. which is not true.

I can still play music on the smartphone, but on each browser I get this error.

Been a month without spotify now. That's quite disappointing!

Ok, heads up: I got an ugly workaround:

All (invalid) connected chrome web browser devices disappeared once I logged in once in the Spotify desktop app.
So download and install the desktop app, log in once and all devices will disappear.

After that its up to you to further use the desktop app or not.

I followed your advice.

The desktop app crushes with an error.

Ok, guys, I found a solution. Go to https://www.spotify.com/br/account/overview/

and then click on ''log out from all devices'' or smth like that. 

Same problem from yesterday in Chrome, or Firefox browser. Nothing help...
The app is running on PC, Android too. A Premium UserSPOTIFY.JPG

I have the solution.
1. play something on phone

2. than turn the Spotify on in the browser

It works for Me.

I try Opeta, Edge, turn off adblocker, clear cookies, restart computer, go out of my profile - no results - all the same.

I try Opera, Edge, clear cookies, turn off adblocker, go out from my profile - without any results - all the same.

@Mantikor wrote:

Ok, heads up: I got an ugly workaround:

All (invalid) connected chrome web browser devices disappeared once I logged in once in the Spotify desktop app.
So download and install the desktop app, log in once and all devices will disappear.

After that its up to you to further use the desktop app or not.

This worked for me, thanks.

Suggested posts