Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Highlighted
1 person liked this

Re: Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

wayrarimaq

Just did that (played sth on the phone app) and the web player finally worked. Thanks.

Hey again!

Apologies for the delay :)

It looks like there's a similar thread regarding this where the user found a solution here.

If you haven't already, we'd suggest giving that a try.

Let us know how you get on.

Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Cheshirka
Casual Listener

I'm still having the same problem "web player error". Ok, to solve it I downloaded the Spotify app. But when I try to log in with Facebook there is "Something went wrong. Please try again later or try using your email instead". Well. Try to log in with my email. And there is an error again "This email and password combination is incorrect". Almost angry but didn't lost hope to listen to my fav music. Thought: "Maybe my password is incorrect? Let's change it with recovering account". Entered my email, clicked the 'send' button, got a mail to reset my password, clicked 'set a new password'... And what do you think? I've got a page 404!!! What is going on??? Are you just kidding me??? What to do in this case? I cannot listen to a music at all! And cannot somehow to solve all problems!

EmptySoul

At first time solution with mobile app helped. But error apeared again. And nothing helps now.

When i try to listen from mobile browser at spotify.com (not spotify app) it works, from pc - error, to many tabs...

spootyfy
Casual Listener

clicking the "sign out from everywhere" button on the account overview page didnt work for me. installing the desktop app worked to solve the error.

but i dont like having to install an app, as the app does a scan of your hard drive, and that feels like an invasion of privacy.

its also very annoying having to install a desktop app, as its hard to know what exactly it is doing on the computer, and it is also a security risk installing apps, especially when the coding from that company is so bad to be locking out lots of web player users, who knows what they will screw up on your computer when you install something that has access to everything on your computer.

1 person liked this

Haldi
Casual Listener

So happy i dont pay any cent for this pice**bleep** service.

pyjamal1ama
Music Fan

Having the same issue, really irritating.

sadpunk49
Casual Listener

I just started getting the too many tabs open message yesterday. I have the free service and use a Chromebook. I have cleared my history, deleted all cookies and cached files, shut down my Chromebook and restarted, opened the page incognito, NOTHING worked. Still cannot listen to spotify. I do not use a smartphone.  I am in the United States but it looks like this problem is occurring all over. This seems to be a problem on Spotify's end. Please fix it!

deusinspot
Casual Listener

same bug for me (win10 italian)

krajemvijeka
Casual Listener

I just got the same problem too on Macbook, from Italy. Please fix it, since it seems like it's been around for months.

SUGGESTED POSTS