Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win7

My Question or Issue

Since a few days I can't open the spotify web player due to the error message attached. This happens on Firefox as well as on Chrome, and even when the pc is freshly restarted and spotify is the first page I open. It asks me to "close the tab to hear more music" which is ridiculous because it's the only open tab at all...

Spotify.JPG
47 Replies

Just did that (played sth on the phone app) and the web player finally worked. Thanks.

Hey again!

Apologies for the delay 🙂

It looks like there's a similar thread regarding this where the user found a solution here.

If you haven't already, we'd suggest giving that a try.

Let us know how you get on.

Happy Holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I'm still having the same problem "web player error". Ok, to solve it I downloaded the Spotify app. But when I try to log in with Facebook there is "Something went wrong. Please try again later or try using your email instead". Well. Try to log in with my email. And there is an error again "This email and password combination is incorrect". Almost angry but didn't lost hope to listen to my fav music. Thought: "Maybe my password is incorrect? Let's change it with recovering account". Entered my email, clicked the 'send' button, got a mail to reset my password, clicked 'set a new password'... And what do you think? I've got a page 404!!! What is going on??? Are you just kidding me??? What to do in this case? I cannot listen to a music at all! And cannot somehow to solve all problems!

At first time solution with mobile app helped. But error apeared again. And nothing helps now.

When i try to listen from mobile browser at spotify.com (not spotify app) it works, from pc - error, to many tabs...

clicking the "sign out from everywhere" button on the account overview page didnt work for me. installing the desktop app worked to solve the error.

but i dont like having to install an app, as the app does a scan of your hard drive, and that feels like an invasion of privacy.

its also very annoying having to install a desktop app, as its hard to know what exactly it is doing on the computer, and it is also a security risk installing apps, especially when the coding from that company is so bad to be locking out lots of web player users, who knows what they will screw up on your computer when you install something that has access to everything on your computer.

So happy i dont pay any cent for this pice**bleep** service.

Having the same issue, really irritating.

I just started getting the too many tabs open message yesterday. I have the free service and use a Chromebook. I have cleared my history, deleted all cookies and cached files, shut down my Chromebook and restarted, opened the page incognito, NOTHING worked. Still cannot listen to spotify. I do not use a smartphone.  I am in the United States but it looks like this problem is occurring all over. This seems to be a problem on Spotify's end. Please fix it!

same bug for me (win10 italian)

I just got the same problem too on Macbook, from Italy. Please fix it, since it seems like it's been around for months.

this is not a solution, but you can create a new user. with the new account the web player will return to work

Hi,
I can confirm this error occurs on multiple different operating systems (fedora, ubuntu, arch, osx, windows 7/8/10) and also in all browsers tested on each OS.
The error has to be on spotify's end.
Since I am a developer by myself i looked into the traffic caused by the webplayer. When you simply reload the page a request is triggered, willing to deregister the current session and start a new one. Usually that request should return a success or something alike, but it returns an error containing the message:

{
  "error" : {
    "status" : 400,
    "message" : "invalid connection id"
  }
}

I threw the connection ID registered at session startup into a diff view with the one contained in the request willing to deregister the connection, and both are the same. Therefore the error seems to be in the api part answering the DELETE request of the following url: "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/notifications/user".
Hope this helps your developers to trace and fix the problem.

Experiencing this issue as well, and have been for a couple weeks. Quite infurating.

The same thing is still happening to me after 2 weeks. I have tried logging onto my account on another device and it didn't work and I tried clearing cache and every other idea you have suggested. This is weird because it is only happening with one of my accounts and not my other one. Please help me out. Thanks!

Same problem here 😞

I usually use Vivaldi browser but I tried on Edge (after going into my settings and disconnected all my devices from Spotify), and even though it wasn't my computer and it was a different ip address, I had that **bleep** message about too many tabs.

But I found a fix, now I'm using the web version of DEEZER (apparently thats what Spotify wants us to do as they don't seem too eager to fix the problem).

I eventually resolved it by playing a song on the phone app. It went back to normal.

I tried to play a song in the app but it didn't change anything, I still have the stupid message about too many tabs when trying to use the web version 😞

Hi there,

Your issue must have solved by now.. If that is not the case, then open a new  tab in your browser and type YOUR ACCOUNT PAGE - SPOTIFY. In ACCOUNT OVERVIEW click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE, just like you did before. This time you take your handset, log onto your Spotify app and play a song. Finally, refresh your browser. You should now be able to log in without any problem.

Cheers,
I'M NOT A SPOTIFY EMPLOYER

what if i DONT have this stupid app installed? Nor DO i want to install this **bleep**.

if you don't have the app installed, then I don't think you have to install it now.. Please note that I'm not a Spotify employee, I just thought I could help you fix your problem 🙂 Have a nice day

Suggested posts