Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Web player error: Tab limit reached (Du hast das Tab-Limit erreicht)

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Win7

My Question or Issue

Since a few days I can't open the spotify web player due to the error message attached. This happens on Firefox as well as on Chrome, and even when the pc is freshly restarted and spotify is the first page I open. It asks me to "close the tab to hear more music" which is ridiculous because it's the only open tab at all...

Spotify.JPG
47 Replies

I know that you are not a Spotify employee but this didn't work for me since I do not have the app. I tried doing this on my laptop but it didn't help. Thanks for the advice though!

Hey there folks!

This should be fixed now, thanks for all your reports 🙂

If the issue occurs for you, please follow the steps below:

1. Log out from the Web Player.
  2. Clear the cache and cookies memory in your browser. You can look online for more steps on how to do that according to your browser.
  3. Open a new tab, head to our Web Player and log in. 

Let us know how you get on!

Have a lovely day.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It was already sad here that this way doesn't work at all. But to be sure in it I've done it again. Logged out everywhere, cleared all cookies and a cache, logged in. Doesn't work. Tab's limit appears.

The problem still exists! Still prompting me on the tab limit when I don't have spotify in any other tabs. I even tried doing the run spotify playing on your phone and log in to your web player and it works yesterday. However, it doesn't work today again. Get the bug fixed, spotify!

hello this is happening to me but instead i log out it tells me tab limit please help

I kept having the same problem too and was able to resolve it using the Spotify mobile app. At the bottom of now playing, just select the webplayer that you want it to play on "Connect to a device". This solution have fixed the issue for me. 

Hey Katarina. I have no clue why but this problem is STILL happening to me. I haven't been able to use Spotify for over a month and this is just getting ridiculous.

Guys, today my web player suddenly began to work! I just opened link from facebook given by a singer. It was smarturl.it where I chose spotify to listen and then I was redirected to spotify web player. Logged in and it works! Btw, I didn't clear cache or cookies. Maybe it will helpful to someone.

Suggested posts