Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player loads slowly

Web player loads slowly

It often takes 30-60 seconds to load the Artists page.  My computer actually boots faster than Spotify's web page loads.  Spotify needs to speed up their web pages, a lot.  I have a high speed (FiOS) connection.  It should not take so long for Spotify pages to load in the web player.

10 Replies

Hey @tolerant_user

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If the web player loads slowly for you it's a good idea to restart your Internet connection just to give it a quick refresh. 

Another thing you can try is opening the web player using a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. You can also test if the same happens in a different kind of browser. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

If you run a web-based service like Spotify, it's a very good idea to test your releases in all major browsers.  I have found the horrendous performance I'm seeing is only an issue in Firefox.  In Chrome, the web player loads quickly.  In Firefox, it's consistently awful.  Are you sure your developers are testing the web player in all major browsers?

Why do moderators always post some totally useless and unrelated 'answers'? Do you think that way it looks like someone cares? No, it's the opposite.

Hey @jahrave,

Thanks for the post.

Since we can only troubleshoot issues remotely we suggest some general steps to figure out if the issue is caused by the app, your network, account or device, or if it's something on the server side of Spotify.

If the web player works better in an incognito window it's worth clearing the browser cache and cookies. If that doesn't help we can suggest other things.

Hope this make sense.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The web player was loading slow for me too. I tested in private window, it worked fine there; so i just logged out and logged back in. After that it's working fine for me.

Hi there @ChiragVirmani,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's really nice of you to share what worked for you with the rest of the Community.

I wish you a great continued weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Is there some competition for the most useless moderator?🤦

It really sucks that more people don't use Firefox. Came here wondering why it was loading so slowly, tried a chromium based browser and it loaded in less than a second.

Actually, you can just clean up Spotify's data in browser's settings.

Chrome will have the same problem given some time, the code is just shitty and no one at Spotify is interested in fixing anything, they just hire some useless guys to give stupid and generic answers here for some reason.

Turns out you can press ctrl + f5 or cmd + R and force refresh the page, I got a massive loading time decrease after doing that.

Suggested posts