Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player not working on Win 10 Edge browser

Web player not working on Win 10 Edge browser

Can't get the web player to work. I can log in. I can follow browse through and add songs to playlists, save songs to my library. But pressing play does nothing. I can't add songs to queue, can't start a radio... etc. The buttons all respond to clicks, but do nothing.

The only thing clicking play does is add the artist/playlist to my recently played... but it didn't actually play.

Microsoft Edge 38.14393

Flash Player : On

Let sites save protected media licenses on my device : On

KB3133719 not apllicable to my machine. (Because it's my computer at work running win 10 enterprise)

Not sure how useful this bit of info is but:

Youtube, Pandora, and Jango all stream without issue.

3 Replies

Hey @ck3js_-3rswij

I suggest trying out the following steps to get the web player play some music 🙂

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Wipe your browser's cookies and cache.

3. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

4. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

5. Try playing some song in Spotify on your mobile and see if you can get the web player take playback over by using the Spotify Connect feature (see point 1).

The media pack is only for N editions of Win10, and you already have found the setting for saving licenses on your device, so I think there's no issue with DRM. 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for taking a stab at it. But Spotify connect is a no-go. My phone is not connected to the same network as my PC. All the other suggestion put me right back in the same place... Everthing seems good and normal... Just won't play.

I'm thinking it has to do with my company's security settings... I just can't figure out what or why exactly

@ck3js_-3rswij

Alright, thank you for this. 🙂

It might be linked to your company's firewall or something, maybe some traffic gets filtered out. If you have some antivirus program, make sure that's not blocking something. I'd try checking if website filtering exists, and try whitelisting spotify.com sites.

However, if you have any other browsers installed (Chrome, Firefox, perhaps Opera, Edge), try opening the web player there to try out the Spotify Connect method.

Has it always been like this? 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts