Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player playing different song than the one clicked on

Web player playing different song than the one clicked on

Under the 'songs' section of my collection, if I click on any song, the web player will not play that song, but instead some other random song in the playlist, and always consistently that same song.

For example, every time I click Star Dance by The Rah Band, Crave You by Flight Facilities plays instead. Clicking the second song under 'songs', Remind Me by Patrice Rushen, results in PartyIsntOver/Campfire/Bimmer by Tyler the Creator playing.

All these songs are in the same "playlist" (the 'songs' section), but I'm not trying to listen to the song that actually ends up playing.

The web player is NOT in shuffle mode. 

14 Replies

Hey!

I think a real quick fix might be logging out of Spotify completely and signing back on. If that doesn't work, just reply to this message and I will see what other solutions I can think of! If it does work....... Happy Streaming! 

Unfortunately, the problem still remains just as before after logging out and back on to spotify.

+1'ing this issue. Windows10/Firefox, up to date.

Also, since I can't create new threads, here's this gripe: I can't create new threads. The button/option/page to do so does not exist for me. I'm generally suspicious of Firefox 57+/Ghostery/etc., so... maybe it's that.

Good morning! 

Try uninstalling and re-installing the application.

This is an issue within the in-browser player, not desktop application. Tried clearing all cache/cookies/ logging in, out, etc.. but still having the issue in Chrome

How does one re-install a web page?

Same problem

I click on a song and the web player plays another random song in the playlist.
The interesting part is that if I click on ''copy song link'' it points me to the correct song and it plays just fine.

Already logged out and back in, cleared cache and cookies, browser [Chrome] is up to the latest version, tried deleting ''grayed out' songs but no luck so far.

Any suggestions?

Same problem

W7/Google Chrome

Problem has gone away for me. If no one else still has the problem, I'll mark this as solved.

Fixed for me as well.

I'm having this problem on Windows 10, latest Chrome, etc.

Same problem here, Win10 + Chrome

Happens on all playlists, even system-generated ones like "World Top 50"... I see something I want to listen to in the list, click the play button and... **bleep** is that? Playing some other song from the list... Clicking play again changes to another random song.

Surely, surely, surely spotify web dev's tested playback, since it would be the sole responsibility of a web player - you know, to be able to play stuff and specifically what it was asked to play.... so there must be some other technical reason for what is happening?

Turn off the shuffle button and click the wanted song again.

Apparently shuffle screwed up my first wanted song that I clicked, but u can turn shuffle on after u clicked one song.

Hope it worked for you too!

This is still has been a problem for me, It will play the song about 10-20 songs above the one I click. Please help

Suggested posts