Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player playing one song then freezing

Web player playing one song then freezing

I'll start a playlist playing in the web player, it will play the one song I click on and then not play any more songs. The timer will be messed up when the song finishes (e.g. read 4:37 out of 3:52, or 3:22 out of 3:54). Opening spotify on my phone and closing it again will sometimes fix the issue, despite my phone not showing up on the connected devices list. This happens on both firefox and chrome, on multiple PCs. Completely closing my web browser doesn't fix the issue. I've got spotify whitelisted in my adblocker, and even a fresh browser install without an adblocker doesn't solve the issue, it seems to be tied to my account.

Anyone encounter this issue before, or know of a fix? It's driving me crazy, and this issue comes up every couple of months.

5 Replies

Same problem here. The next song gets stuck at the prior song's end time. I can 'fix' it each time by sliding the timer back to 0, but I'm probably going to switch away from Spotify if I can't solve it. I have to restart each song that I play. This is on Firefox 52.6.0, and same as you a fresh install did nothing.

Same issue here, on Firefox using Web Player.  Two songs play for me after I start my PC up fresh, then goes to the next song at the previous song's time length and freezes.  Only workaround is to click in the song to start it.  Which clearly isn't practical.

I am working with someone in support and trying various things, however nothing has worked so far.  I have seen a lot of threads about this issue, so I'm guessing despite some showing as 'fixed' it hasn't been yet.

I didn't even think about that, I checked and mine seems to have the current time as the length of the song that just finished, and the total length as the next song that's queued up. Honestly this recurring issue is why I can't subscribe to spotify, if I can't rely on the web player then it's worthless for over half the time I'd want to use it. It seems like such a basic problem that wouldn't keep happening.

Ran through a bunch of "suggestions" with support@spotify.com the past few days. I am on a week now with this issue and no resolution in sight. I've been down several rat holes and nothing works. It only happens for me with Web Player on Firefox, but that is the only option I have with my work laptop.

Unfortunately and unlike you, I currently AM a paying Premium member who is giving them money for a non-functioning product.

Not sure why they are choosing to slow-roll us on a fix or not admit to it.  There are many threads on the Community identifying the exact same issue.

On a somewhat related note, anybody know how to export playlists, or if possible? Been emailing with support@spotify.com for over a week, but only get canned emails asking me to logout/in or clear cookies. I don't get one person dedicated to correcting the issue, rather a new person every time who I have to explain the issue/everthing I've done over and over again. 

There is clearly no desire to correct this problem on Spotify's behalf, so I'm paying for a product that does not work. At a minimum I want to export lists of songs prior to canceling Premium.

I doubt Spotify would enable transferring playlists to iTunes, and rightfully so. I'm just trying to avoid building these from scratch as I have a couple that I like.

Anything would be helpful, such as even being able to export as a file so I can copy/paste and rebuild in another music service.

I really like Spotify and it truly sucks that they don't want to admit this issue exists and/or do anything to correct it. But in the end an 'inferior' service that works, is better than a 'superior' service that doesn't.

Anyway, thanks in advance for anybody who can provide some tips...!!!

Suggested posts