Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player plays wrong songs

Web player plays wrong songs

As the title goes, my web player plays wrong songs. My other playlists work fine, but my "saved songs" don't play normally. Whenever I play a certain song, a wrong song will be played. I don't want to delete all my saved songs and start all over again searching and saving them one by one. This problem only happens on my web player. On my Android phone, my saved songs and any other playlist play fine. I've been searching for a solution since yesterday but couldn't find one. Anyone knows how to fix this please help. Thank you so much.

To spotify, I'm one of your newest user and premium member. Should I regret and cancel my subscription? I hope not. I'm looking forward to your good service. Thanks.

12 Replies

I have the same problem here, everything else works fine except the saved songs page

Me too. The first song in my library (no matter what it is) will always play X song, the second one will always play Y song, so on and so forth. It doesn't matter when I add new songs to my library.

Try clearing your cache/cookies or temporarily using another browser(E.X. if you use Chrome, use Firefox) to see if it works there.

Hi, I tried the web player using other browsers but the problem is still there. For additional details of the problem, I'm experiencing the same problem as the second comment of this topic: Whenever I play the first song, a "fixed different song will be played". This means no matter what song is on the no. 1 list, a "fixed different song will be played" (In my case, it's 'Something Different' by Godsmack). I already tried deleting that song, but it would only be replaced by another fixed wrong song. This problem occurs on all of my songs, not only on the first song.

Thank you for replying by the way. I appreciate it.

Clearing my cache worked for me! Thank you.

No problem! When something like that happens, the best thing to do first is clear your cache/cookies.

Clearing them did not fix this for me. Any other ideas? Thank you in advance

Try using a different browser to see if it persists. You could also toggle some add-ons/plugins(If you have any) to see if something with that could be messing with Spotify.

i had the same problem and i solved it, you just need to click on the random shuffle button than click it again, it worked for me, i don't know if i was lucky but i can choose my song now.

ps: my shuffle buton wasn't activated when i tried to choose my song befor.

i hope it will solve your problem too.

For some reason, my songs play fine now and I don't even know how it was fixed. I hope the problem won't occur again.

Tried clearing cache to no avail. Spotify web player still chooses incorrect song when shuffle is on. Please help.

I even have this issue when I don't shuffle songs. When I open one of the playlists I have in my Library, and click on the button to jump to the next song on the list, Spotify plays random songs instead.

Suggested posts