Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player recaptcha / screen loading error

Solved!

Web player recaptcha / screen loading error

Note: forum directs me here for web player issues but there's no Web Player 'label', apologies if posted in wrong place

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device- Windows 10 Laptop / Chrome (Web Player)

My Question or Issue

I 'pin' the web player in chrome. When i load it initially, it's fine; when i browse back to it, the screen has gone wrong, and displays

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge."

SpotifyError.PNG

48 Replies

I am having the same problem. I am using Chrome 84.0.4147.89 and it it showing up in a pinned open.spotify.com window.

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

I am having the same problem. I am using Chrome 84.0.4147.89 and it it showing up in a pinned open.spotify.com window.

Hey all, 

I hope your having a lovely weekend, just a follow up on this. If Spotify is pinned to your chrome could you attempt to unpin the web player, restart Chrome and pin it again? 

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, I've passed this across to the right teams and we're trying to work out what's causing this.

Have a great weekend! 🙂

I've also had this error multiple times when i open up a pinned spotify tab.

here is a picture and information:

Canada

Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Steps: No particular steps. Just opened a pinned Spotify tab

Thanks @dark1234
Could you attempt to unpin the web player, restart Chrome and pin it again and let me know if the issue returns?

All the best,

Hi @EthanS1
your suggestion has worked thank you

I'm still having this issue in my Opera browser

Have tried un-pinning the tab, restarting entire browser multiple times. 

When I decided to try and logout and log back in, it won't even let me log in anymore. 

Takes at least 5 seconds to respond after clicking "Log in", and then displays the following error message: 

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge."

My internet connection is fine because all my other tabs and browsers are working. 

I use the email log-in, not any third-party (e.g., facebook, apply) log-in options. 

Log-in is working on other browsers and on my phone, but I don't intend on opening a second browser solely for the purpose of playing Spotify.

Any suggestion for those who don't have it pinned? Every time I go to Spotify in the browser it does the same thing. Sorry, perhaps I missed something further back.
My info: US/ Texas
Browser: Chrome - no idea what number
Latest update of Windows on a Dell.
((I'm not tech-savvy, clearly LOL))
Thank you!

Hey @nami_kao @maeday13 
Just to confirm have you already checked the troubleshooting steps I’ve posted previously to check whether or not your browser has some content restrictions enabled and if you have cleared the cache and cookies?

Rest assured, all your reports are being passed back internally and currently Spotify are researching this further.  

Yes, I checked all the content restriction settings, cleared cache and cookies, and made sure that I had the most updated version of the browser before posting my last response. 

I just tried the login again today and I was able to login 🙂

I didn't do anything different though. The recaptcha message isn't showing up anymore either (so far) even though I've been listening for around half an hour.

Thanks for forwarding these issues to the developers!

I am also experiencing this problem. I can log in but it always comes back when I reload the page. This only started happening since yesterday.

@nami_kao,
Keep me posted, glad your back to the beat!

Hey @Manexfx,
Could you double check the previous troubleshooting I’ve posted which Spotify‘a Internal Teams have asked to be carried out and let me know if the issue still persists for you! 🙂

Have a good weekend,

Unpinning the tab worked. I also disabled AdBlocker not sure if that had a role.

I'm not sure if you guys have figured this out already or not, but I unpinned the tab and it fixed the issue.

I haven't ever pinned a tab, and I am still getting the error...

This thread is marked as solved, but it is not.
People who never pinned a tab have the problem.
People with the suggested settings as well.
And also those without any ad blocker.

cowst is correct, the issue persists on my machine, without any fix being
effective

@EthanS1 Do you know if this issue is still being investigated, or is it considered closed?  I am still getting the captcha error

@faicbeag

Apologies for the delay, this is still on the radar however as mentioned previously I have no further updates on this right now, all information I’ve relayed here to attempt to try and see if we can identify the issue and the source has come from the teams investigating this internally who are also monitoring Spotify’s other channels to see if they are able to find any information that’s come through their other contact routes, all responses from you folks I have returned this to the team however it’s still under investigation however the teams researching this will share any updates ASAP and I’ll get these dropped in this thread however issues complex like these where steps have worked for others but not some require attention and further research as I’m sure you understand.

thanks for the help, it worked for me and it automatically logged me in

Suggested posts