Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player recaptcha / screen loading error

Solved!

Web player recaptcha / screen loading error

Note: forum directs me here for web player issues but there's no Web Player 'label', apologies if posted in wrong place

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device- Windows 10 Laptop / Chrome (Web Player)

My Question or Issue

I 'pin' the web player in chrome. When i load it initially, it's fine; when i browse back to it, the screen has gone wrong, and displays

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge."

SpotifyError.PNG

48 Replies

Hi All,

Those still having issues: 

I have had a further update from the team monitoring these reports, there has been a few mentions of Ad Blockers and other add on’s which could be causing this. If you are using an Ad Blocker, could you please whitelist Spotify as this could be causing your issue and Ad Blockers are known to sometimes cause expected issues. As part of a test, first could you remove all AdOn’s which you have installed in your browser you could do that by resetting your browser back to factory default or searching for steps to do this for your browser in your situation. Leave it a few days and see if you notice any changes. 

Spotify are still actively monitoring this and any further updates will be shared as they are made available as mentioned before there isn’t currently a time frame due to the complexity of these cases and a wide range of factors in each of your different situations and troubleshooting working for some not others as I’m sure you understand.

All the best,

I tried without ad blocker, and didn't help.
Also, since it works in incognito mode, which has ad blocker and all the
rest of the plugins active, it should be an important information to rule
out them as the culprit.

Hey @cowst 

Thanks for the update, could you try reinstalling your browser with out reinstalling any plug ins? It's been requested by the teams backstage and it does help as sometimes it can be caused by the browser specifically behind the scenes, if you could try that I'd appreciate that however I'll report your other finding back.

Hey there @cowst,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm - have you followed the troubleshooting that @EthanS1 suggested? Let us know all the steps you've tried so far so that we don't repeat any steps.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'll try to recap what has been reported (also from other users). 

- I checked the protected content setting, it was already as requested

- unpinned the tab, no difference 

- disabled ad blocker for spotify, no difference 

- no issue in incognito mode, which ruled out plugins or vpn issues or the machine itself 

- I stopped trying to play around after I reported the console log of the error, so I did not incur into the login issue again, but I still get the captcha error after a few seconds refreshing the spotify page (maybe 2 or 3 scattered days it didn't happen) 

- somebody reported issues with opera and windows, which hints also to go beyond Chrome and macOS

- someone else reinstalled chrome without success 

I have been getting this error for a couple of months and finally decided to try to fix it. This thread looked promising and got me to what is at least a temporary solution. I'm a Premium user, using Chrome on Windows. Active extensions are uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, and Canvas Defender. Disabling uBlock or Privacy Badger didn't fix things, but disabling both for a reload seemed to fix things. I now have them both back on and the error message has not come back. It would be quite nice if we could opt-out of Facebook/Twitter/Google/etc tracking once we are on Premium. If that were the case I would be happy to whitelist the whole site on both these extensions and avoid the problem. In the meantime it appears I'll have to just toggle them for a few minutes if this comes up again, or live with the error being there.

I'm having a similar problem, but it just won't show when i go to sign up with google

This is happening to me too. I use Microsoft Edge, it's worked on here for me multiple times, now it logs me out of my account then when I go to log back in it talks about reCAPTCHA. Can you explain how I can fix this? 

Suggested posts