Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player won't play anything

Solved!

Web player won't play anything

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing some trouble using the Web Player for more than a month now. I've always used the Web Player, since I don't have the app installed on my computer, and so far it has always worked properly, but now it won't play anything nor even let me select any songs. I can select and enter a playlist, but that's all. If I try to select any song it won't do anything, and when I try to press the play button nothing happens at all.

At the beginning I just had to refresh the website a couple of times and it would work again, but since a week ago that doesn't seem like a solution anymore. This happens on both Chrome and Firefox.

I tried deleting the cookies and navigation data, however that didn't work either. Has this happen to anyone? Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards.

23 Replies

I've had this same issue twice now. The first time it accidentally resolved just by fiddling with the android spotify. The second time I didn't have it installed in my phone anymore so I contacted a friend who recently had the same issue. The solution was to go to facebook web page -> [apps and websites] and remove spotify from accessing facebook... or something like that. Then I restarted chromium and suddenly everything works.

The problem continues. Won't be renewing subscription unless it's fixed.

That is an amazing trick, thank you so much!

Perfect!

Suggested posts