Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer Black Screen when searching

Webplayer Black Screen when searching

My Question or Issue

Webplayer is fine until I use the search option. I can type 3 letters just fine, but as I try in the 4th the screen completely goes black. I have tried on Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi browsers. I was already annoyed that all my albums are no longer in alphabetical order, and now I can't even search for something. It's always something with you guys which is why I refuse to go premium. I'm on Windows 10, I have everything up to date on my system. Browsers are up todate and running 64bit. Looks like I am out of luck for the day because there is no way I am going to go through every album just to find the one I wanted to listen to. Now if albums were in order like they used to be this I could work with this until you straighten out the issue in 12 months or more.

3 Replies

Hey @Jiansarys, help's here.

Have you tried opening the Web Player in an incognito window to see it makes a difference?

Can you tell us where you are searching? Are you using the general Search function of the Web Player? Does the whole screen turn black or only the search results?

Also, does it matter what you search for, e.g. does any string of characters work, but some don't?

Please provide us with some more info, along with a screenshot, and we'll be able to take a closer look. 

All the best!

I'm having this issue too. It doesn't happen with everything I search though which is what's weird to me. The other night it happened when I went to search Jeff Buckley, I got to the fourth letter and the screen went black. I can search Jeff Buckley just fine tonight however.

Just now I went to search Crowded House and the issue is occurring. When I type the fourth letter, the 'w', the tab with spotify opened goes black. I tried it in an incognito window and the issue still occurred.

blank spotify.PNG

Hey @klotzilla @Jiansarys,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you clear cookies to see if this helps? If it doesn't, try to connect your device on a different network and see if that makes a difference.

We'd also like to know if you are using the Web Player at home or at work.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts