Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04

My Question or Issue

The webplayer is not showing after I log in. There it a black/blank screen. I've tried clearing the cache, etc.

Screenshot from 2019-06-28 10-01-54.png
8 Replies

Hey @peggyopal.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you find out if your Firefox web-browser is up-to-date?

We'd also like to know what happens if you try a different web-browser.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

It works on Chrome, but I refuse to use that browser as it completely messes up my computer (same with the app).

EDIT: also, sorry! yes firefox is up to date.

Hey @peggyopal.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you try to reinstall Firefox to see if that helps? If it doesn't, you can also try out Opera Webbrowser. Even if it's just for Spotify in the background.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further question.

Have a nice day.

I'm having this same problem, and the web player is running just fine in a private window, which would normally lead me to believe this is a problem with plugins—however, all of my plugins are already disabled. I have no idea what could be causing this, but it's not firefox itself, as it can run the webpage!

Hey there @RockOfDoom!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Do you only experience this in Firefox and can you confirm for us that you have the latest version of the browser?

We'd also recommend following the steps here to try and solve this.

Keep us posted on how it goes and just give us a shout if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do only experience this on Firefox, and my browser is up to date. I'll see how the steps go.

As I said before, spotify DOES work in a private window of Firefox. However, neither restarting the modem, switching networks, nor editing the hosts file worked (my hosts file was blank of entries, it only had the commented-out introduction).

I technically COULD just open a private window whenever I want to use spotify, but I don't particularly want to do that: I'd like to just be able to use it normally.

Clearing my browser cache allows the site to show up, but as soon as I log in it breaks again and goes back to the black screen.

This article claims that this problem is sometimes caused by the web player failing to load the last song played due to a desync between the web player and the mobile app, which might explain some things. I haven't been able to get the solution they present to work for me though, and I've already tried everything else on that list.

Hey @RockOfDoom,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and the troubleshooting you've done so far.

The way an incognito browser works is that it filters out the browsers cache and cookies that are usually active. There may be an issue with Firefox and the way they are stored. Do you mind reinstalling the browser itself and sharing with us whether or not the issue comes up again afterwards? We'd also appreciate it if you test it out with another browser on the same device. These results would help us a lot in getting to the bottom of this.

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts