Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer Playback Stutters When Ads Are Loading

Solved!

Webplayer Playback Stutters When Ads Are Loading

Using the web player in Chrome on Windows desktop, playback is stuttering each time an advertisment loads or updates.

Other sites and apps stream and playback without issues.

Anyone notice similar behaviour?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem here. Stuttering / pauses every time an ad reloads.

For a temporary fix you can delete the ad container with the developer tools interface.

( ctrl-shift-i to open developer tools, select the "Elements" tab, click the "Select an element in the page ... " button, and hover just above the advert until you're over the element div.ads-container , select that, and then in the developer window it should have highlighted <div class="ads-container"> , right click that and select delete )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same problem. 

Just started recently

No flawless playback, stuttering, stuck on an ad, auto pauses... the first two are problem for all but the auto pausing is when using proxy/vpn, something you can't avoid at work, we tried many vpn companies neither solved our problem. Spotify must make the web player friendly to vpn or we not going premium anymore.

Marked as solution

Same problem here. Stuttering / pauses every time an ad reloads.

For a temporary fix you can delete the ad container with the developer tools interface.

( ctrl-shift-i to open developer tools, select the "Elements" tab, click the "Select an element in the page ... " button, and hover just above the advert until you're over the element div.ads-container , select that, and then in the developer window it should have highlighted <div class="ads-container"> , right click that and select delete )

Just came back to this topic, because it's still happening. Grrrr.

Thanks! This is a neat workaround I never thought of.

Suggested posts