Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer interface differences between old and new premium account

Webplayer interface differences between old and new premium account

Hi,

I noticed something strange in the web player interface.

A friend of mine that just joined Spotify with a premium account doesn't have the same interface as I (old premium account). 

For instance, on the same web browser, I have the track cover displayed on the top right corner and he has the cover displayed on the bottom left side. 

Also he misses some features like doing a right click on the cover he doesn't get the ability to copy the track URL, as I do.

How do you explain such differences ?? Are the new customers limited on available features ?? Is there a hidden menu to enable full web player features ?

Kind regards.

7 Replies

Your friend has been randomly chosen by Spotify to participate in a test rollout of the new web player which is similar to the desktop client. So if he right-clicks on the track title in the lower left corner, he should see the usual dropdown list with track URL etc., but as it is a beta version, I am not sure about that and cannot test it myself.

Hello,

I am the "randomly chosen user" to test the new web player ๐Ÿ™‚  It works fine except i have no "track URL" option as you can see

on this screenshot:   Spotify screen shot

shotshot

Do you know if there is a reward to be a "beta tester" ?

Thanks

Did you right-click on the album cover or on the track title below for that screenshot? Furthermore you should at least be able to right-click the track "Photograph" in the main frame showing the whole album.

And the "reward" already is that you have been chosen, so you have official bragging rights vs. your friend now... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Strange reward that being chosen for a beta that has less features than the generic web portal ๐Ÿ˜•

At least Spotify could warn chosen users that they participate to the beta...

Normally as a user I have the choice to participate or not to a beta (like for games), most of the time you register yourself to participate.

This way you're aware you're using a beta version and you can send feedback, isn't it the main purpose of a beta test ??

Spotify doesn't cease to amaze me (in a bad way) for their choices of development.

Yes, the screenshot show a right click on the album cover.
If i right click on the track in the main frame, i get exactly the same menu, without "track URL"

OK, then that seems to be an oversight in the beta version. Maybe it differs in another browser, but I doubt that.

@xelamok: I neither understand these hidden test rollouts, especially if they go on for such a long time (several months now, as far as I know).

Testing 123

Suggested posts