Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer not going into fullscreen

Webplayer not going into fullscreen

Free Plan

Device

Mac

(MacOS mojave)

I've put the webplayer int fullscreen, but it was only taking up half of the screen. I haven't had this problem until now. I'm not sure what's going on or how I can fix it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.38.39 AM.png

Thanks

5 Replies

I have this too and I'm a premium subscriber so idk why this happens; I would have thought they showed adds or something on the other half.

I have the same issue. It was broken when I opened it at the first time today. I've no idead how to fix it. Premium member.

g5q3g5g.JPG

54h233h34.JPG

Hey there @Offline_Dweeb@Taosi and @kytex

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

We'd suggest you first try opening the web player in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache.

If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

> Uses Chrome, the most popular browser in the world by far
> Gets told to "Try a different browser" by spotify support

**bleep** you're tech support alright. If you had done any web development related job in your life, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to say that with a straight face.

Doing a hard refresh fixed this for me, aka Shift + F5 on windows, not sure what the equivalent is on MacOS. Clearing the cache will have the same effect but be careful to leave cookies in place as that will keep you signed into various websites. 

This indicates a dodgy browser cache policy implemented by spotify, but on the F12 tools as far as I can tell all the relevant js and css requests have build numbers (or what I assume are build numbers) in the filenames, so those would correctly cache bust, do who knows *shrugs*. Yay software.

Suggested posts