Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Weird Problem with Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

Highlighted

Weird Problem with Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

Rr6

Hi,

I have spotify running on my Volvo via the Sensus Connected Touch.  No problems accessing and playing my playlists EXCEPT the Spotify "Discover Weekly" playlist.

The Discover Weekly playlist was working fine in my car all the while until a couple of months ago.  Now it says "Loading" as the label for that playlist item.  The playlist is still accessible on my phone / desktop though.

I tried to unfollow / follow the playlist but it didn't solve the problem.

Can someone please help me out here?  Desperate to get the Discover Weekly playlist working again in my car.

79 Replies

Re: Weird Problem with Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

oele81
Casual Listener

Hi, I had the same problem.

But now, my problem is, that I can not login to Spotify via Volvo SCT anymore (since 2 days, I think).

Do you have the same problem?

Best regards

André

flaviorb
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same problem here. Already spent hours with Spotify support trying to fix this issue and nothing actually worked. They don't even know what Sensus Connected Touch is. I think they are probably sending some parameter in Discover Weekly playlist that the old Spotify client on SCT doesn’t recognize. As a workaround I've been manually replicating the playlist every time Spotify updates it.

dutchart
Casual Listener

Yes, same problem here. Tried to fix it by logging out, but now I can't log in again, because "the application requires a network", while using wifi... (the browser works)

very very annoying.

dhumble
Music Fan

I have the same problem also. Says loading playlist on some of the playlist. It started just a couple of month ago. 

Also an anoying thing, i never cant sort the playlist. The latest added song i have to scroll to the end of the playlist. I would like it reversed, the latest song first to listen. My android app i can sort it. I would like it also in Volvo sensus Connected touch version of spotify app. Realy hate it.   

I have heard that its parrot, who makes the vovo system that builds spotify app? Somebody has to fix it. The comments in this discussion is old and nothing seems to happen. To bad.

b0bben
Spotify Legend

LibSpotify, which Parrots Spotify version in our SCTs is built on, has lost support for editorial playlists.

All "editorial" lists will behave like this. It's because they're not proper playlists (like the ones you make yourself) and Spotify has turned off something in their backend that translates "editorial" lists to regular lists.

Source: i'm an old employee making some educated guesses (and owner of SCT in my Volvo as well)

dhumble
Music Fan
Tanks for your reply. To bad nobody does anything about it. I'm using my phone instead and I'm not happy about it

horntm
Roadie

I just reached out to Spotify support and their Twitter account. Hoping to get a response or some helpful information. My issues sprang up early in 2017, as well.

horntm
Roadie

Update: I've been working with Spotify technical support since I made my last post with no success. The in-car app is still just "Loading..." for the Spotify-created playlists. At least the support team are trying and are very friendly. 

Have other people reached out to them via chat? Maybe if they hear from more of us it'll put a fire under them.

horntm
Roadie

Update: They're apparently still working on it.

"Just a quick update for you. Our best tech folks are still looking into this, sorry to keep you waiting. 

We understand this must be frustrating, but hopefully it shouldn’t be too much longer before we've resolved the issue.

Thanks again for your patience, we really appreciate it."

It's crazy this is taking so long for them to figure out. Meanwhile, Volvo support throws their hands in the air and suggests going to the dealership techs for them to "investigate it."

SUGGESTED POSTS