Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Weird Problem with Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

Re: Weird Problem with Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

trentboyett
Music Fan

Just some update on the Searching issue:

"Hi Miklos, 

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

We have alerted our developers to this issue and they are investigating the matter. 

We appreciate your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, although please be aware we’re not able to confirm if or when your specific request will be addressed. 

We recommend installing the most recent version of the Spotify app to guarantee you’re rocking all the latest updates. Also, feel free to check out our Community where we keep everyone informed about new releases and any other announcements. You can also submit feedback and suggest new features there.

We're sorry for the trouble caused, be rest assured that we are looking into it. 

Best regards, 

Jeff"

horntm
Roadie

Spotify support will be useless. Trust me. They wasted my time from 02/2017 - 10/2017 with trying one ridiculous "fix" after another before resorting to a form email telling me their "best engineers" were on it every time I asked for a follow-up.

The Sensus Connect Touch -- SCT -- Spotify app is built on LibSpotify, which Spotify no longer supports. There are other posts about this app losing the ability to load Spotify-curated playlists. It turns out that the SCT version of Spotify is built on LibSpotify. Parrot are allegedly working on an update but don't know when it will happen.

Here is their support group's contact info: usa_support@parrot.com

I've been communicating with Dmitri. Perhaps if y'all email them it will light a fire under them and get the ball rolling a little more quickly. Let us know!

horntm
Roadie

Also, you can find Parrot's Support number by Googling "Parrot USA Support." It should be the first thing that comes up. The forum will not allow me to post that number here. Remember, Sensus Connected Touch is a legacy product. They will be able to find that. Be sure to tell them this issue has persisted for nearly a year and that the Spotify app is one they developed themselves using LibSpotify, which is no longer supported by Spotify itself.

trentboyett
Music Fan

Thank you for keeping up this topics with so big enhtusiasm...:-)

I have contacted Parrot support and thats why i came to Spotify:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Parrot.

Kindly note that the Spotify Application is not developed by Parrot.

Please contact the Spotify Developers from link below:

https://www.spotify.com/int/about-us/contact/

Best Regards,
John
Parrot Customer Service & Support"

Do you think he just did not know what he is talking about and this info is false?

Definitely this has to be fixed, SCT is legacy product does not mean that it should not work...

horntm
Roadie

John doesn't know what he's talking about. Look who the developer is: Parrot SA.

Capture.PNG

This is from their own site on the apps available for SCT. He needs to talk to Dimitri R. I've attached my emails to them. Hope it helps? Maybe refer them to Case No.: 274582. It took a couple times on the phone with them to make them understand that this particular version is their baby, not Spotify's.

horntm
Roadie

Dimitri R jsut got back to me:

Hi Tim,

Hope you are having a great day and happy new year.
Still no updates from the higher department in relation to the update sir.

I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,
Dimitri R
Parrot Customer Support

Capture.PNG

horntm
Roadie

Volvo customer care now says they are working with Parrot on an update, but now I am completely unable to login to Parrot's app on the Sensus Connected Touch. It simply tells me that I need to have a premium accout, which I've got.

Is anyone else having this issue?

dhumble
Music Fan

Yes, happen also to me yesterday. It says i need premium account, but i do have one and checked that all payments was okay etc.

I saw at the asteroid, volvo sensus app store that Spotify ist there anymore so dont try to reinstall the app or delite it. 

Little bit of the topic, Think Volvo (and Parrot) must be ashamed to this system. I meen Asteroids is Android but slimed one and they could have used the same. Today its about 5 apps at the app store of Volvo. I do understand that this isn´t top priority to Spotify.   

Highlighted

HALAS
Casual Listener

It happed me too..  But I was thinking that was because I got Spotify Family.

Is the anyone with Spotify Premium without family who can log in and use Spotify on Volvo SCT?

trentboyett
Music Fan

I am absolutely having the same issue...i can not log in.

May i ask who has confirmed to you that Parrot and Volvo are working on an update?

I would also contact them...More push hopefully sooner result..

SUGGESTED POSTS