Free

Country

Ukraine

Device

Desktop Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. How can I find out what playlist is playing now. I can find Song, Play Queue, but what exact playlist playing now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Vasyakha,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

You can find out which playlist is playing by clicking on the album artwork in the lower left corner of the screen on the desktop app, which will take you to the playlist (or album or artist) that you’re playing from.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Vasyakha,

You can find out which playlist is playing by clicking on the album artwork in the lower left corner of the screen on the desktop app, which will take you to the playlist (or album or artist) that you’re playing from.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

My goodness, great! It wasn't obvious

Thank you, Trey! I've been trying to figure it out for a while...finally searched. Appreciate the info!

Suggestion: I agree with @vasyakha that it's suuuper not clear how to find this and it's pretty useful, but I also appreciate the beautiful UI and UX. So to not crowd it, I would suggest adding the current playlist/radio/etc (not sure the nomenclature for "the section that's playing") to be visible by clicking the Queue button. It's pretty easy to find the Queue button in both the mobile and desktop/web interfaces, and seeing a list of upcoming songs is heavily related to where they're sourced from, so a button / text from there also pointing to the current list would be a quick way of finding it without altering the main screen. Thanks!

Same problem for me:(

I was busy and random songs starts playing and it’s so good I want so save this playlist but I can’t find what the playlist is 

most comments say to click teh song pic on the bottom left and I did that but it didn’t lead me to the playlist, it lead me to the song album:( 

Help

Hi @cOld_cOuch,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

In case you’ve noticed suspicious activity on your Spotify account (such as music playing without your control), I would recommend following the steps in this support article to secure your account. You can also read about measures that you can take to protect your Spotify account here

If you’re using a desktop device, you can identify the playlist (if applicable) where the currently playing song is coming from by clicking the queue icon at the bottom-right of the screen:

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 3.20.59 PM.png

The playlist will be named after "Next from:" when viewing the queue:

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 3.37.18 PM.png

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

hi this used to work but since one update it doesn't work for me - is there any other way?

what if it just says "next up:" and no playlist or anything?

Hi @chawa96,

Can you let me know if this happens no matter which playlist you select to play? If this is happening only with a specific playlist, it would be helpful if you share the link to it in your next reply, so that I can see if I can replicate this behavior.

Also, can you let me know the make/model and OS version of your device, as well as the Spotify version that you’re running?

Lastly, can you send a couple of screenshots so that I can better understand the issue that you’re experiencing? You can include the screenshots in your next reply by using the “Insert Photos” option in the post editor. Make sure not to include any sensitive info.

I look forward to your reply, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts