Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's The Deal With Songs Becoming Unavailable/Grayed Out?

What's The Deal With Songs Becoming Unavailable/Grayed Out?

I have noticed, recently, more and more, that songs have have started to become grayed out. Spotify, are you losing Artists' interest in you, or is there a technical issue? Either way, I hope that ya'll get on it. It is affecting playlists of my own, the ones, that I follow, and sometimes full, or almost full albums. Here are some examples, below.

Screenshot_2016-02-09-00-53-31.png 

Screenshot_2016-02-09-20-37-26.png

Screenshot_2016-02-08-00-46-45.png

Screenshot_2016-02-15-18-23-06.png

There's two Marshall Tucker Band songs shown, here. One, I know has never been available, on Spotify and I believe the other was not, either, but... I now can go to the album of the first one, "Any Way The Wind Blows Rider" (the options) and "Go to album", which is not actually available, on Spotify, but pull up the album, with all but a couple (other) songs grayed out; it does not show up, in the Artists' Albums, by the normal way of getting to them. I'm very sure, that I actually added all of the Marshall Tucker Band songs to my playlist, from my Local Files and it was, from the Anthology album, like the rest. That album is not available, on Spotify. I requested certain songs, from that album, be added, but I didn't add that particular song, from the album now showing, that it's from. That's really weird, to me.

Screenshot_2016-02-15-18-23-14.png

These two songs, from Rory Gallagher were once available, too.

Follow me

7 Replies

I forgot, to add, this information. It will help distinguish, between the issue that I am bringing up, with the grayed out songs and the other grayed out songs. The Marshall Tucker Band songs, on my Ride songs playlist were added, from my Local Files and my Hard drive went out, on me. I know why, those and certain other songs, on other playlists are grayed out. The one Marshall Tucker Band song is a special case and I'd like to find out what the deal is, too. All the rest of the Non Marshall Tucker Band songs used to be available and are now grayed out, for reasons unknown, that I want to find out. I hope this clears it up.

Follow me

I am having a similar issue only bad Penny and walking on the hot coals are available to listen on the essential Rory Gallagher album! Please help Great Swedish God's of Music technology!!! (Spotify)

I'm having the same issue too with local files that are on my PC and are grayed out / unplayable meaning I'm having to use a different media player. 

That shouldn't be, an issue with your local files, unless you have moved the song files to a different location, in your computer. I was referring to songs, in Spotify's library, becoming unavailable/grayed out. Local file are used to make up, for that. Spotify just seems to be losing popularity, with certain artists, or whoever holds their rights, at least, on certain albums and songs. It may not be a significant loss, in popularity, but it can affect people's playlists, significantly. I have a few, that are affected, either because the became unavailable, or were never available. I do have a theory, that might help fix the problem, for premium users, at least. If anyone would like to test it, let me know and I'll direct you.

Follow me

I have the issue of the music that are originals being changed over to newer stuff from the artist!!!  I have the originals and they don't work on certain albums!!!   How do I get the original stuff to work?

I am a premium users with songs and albums which were downloaded and saved but are now grayed out. I was told by Spotify, to keep your library, pay for premium. Once saved and downloaded they will be available, where those on free account may not be able to access the songs/album. I am a big ELO fan and had the album ZOOM downloaded and saved for offline viewing. The album is grayed out. Cannot listen on or offline. What am I paying for?

You have to reinitialize it every 30 days with your devices or it won't work

Suggested posts