Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

When I start the web player one of my monitors shuts off/loses connection

Highlighted

Re: When I start the web player one of my monitors shuts off/loses connection

Kaz10

The same issue occurs for me and it is the strangest and is  kind of a concerning issue. I am on a custom built PC operating on Windows 10. Latest version of Chrome as a browser. It appears that simply unplugging and plugging my HDMI monitor connection brings back my display however it is by no means a solution. I shouldn't have to manually reach around and rewire my system due to a crash from what I have determined to be the web player. 

I have had it happen at 5 different times of the day, over two days, and everytime it was due to either opening the webplayer directly from Google or following a link to a playlist. As soon as the App opens, 3 seconds later my monitor disconnects from my system. 

What's up with the new update?!

Please keep us updated 

Re: When I start the web player one of my monitors shuts off/loses connection

nemansyed

I'm having the same problem, three monitor setup.

HP EliteBook 9480, Windows 10, Acer (DVI) and ASUS (HDMI) monitors plugged into dock.

1. Open Chrome (up-to-date). Everything is awesome.
  2. https://open.spotify.com/browse/ on any tab on any monitor.
  3. Acer monitor behaves as if cable was disconnected/signal was lost, 100% of the time. ASUS monitor does the same, so far 50% of the time. So far, after a short delay, the Acer monitor has recovered once. The ASUS monitor has recovered each time. Primary monitor (laptop's built-in) works fine.
  4. Close the browser tab with the Spotify web player. Everything is awesome again.
  • IE doesn't support the player
  • Edge seems to work, as does Firefox. (FF is intentionally very out-of-date, so it's not a good test.)
  • Seems all Chrome so far.

I have shot a brief video of this happening, but would prefer to send it privately.

SUGGESTED POSTS