Announcements

When are Spotify stopping supporting Pioneer Receivers which support Spotify Connect?

Highlighted

Re: When are Spotify stopping supporting Pioneer Receivers which support Spotify Connect?

Casual Listener

Received the same vague mail (using the Pioneer VSX 528). Today I contacted the support, I will let you know once I receive an update.

Highlighted

Re: When are Spotify stopping supporting Pioneer Receivers which support Spotify Connect?

Casual Listener

The thing that I hope Spotify gets is that anyone using multiple sources, needs to switch those sources at one of two places - either the TV or a receiver. In either case, if the device doing the switching doesn't have Spotify Connect, then you get into issues of selecting the device in the Spotify app and it thinks it is playing, but no sound is coming out if you are on the wrong input. With Spotify Connect on the switching device, the receiver/TV can automatically override the existing input and play the music. That to me is the usability argument as to why it is a big deal to keep support on A/V receivers and not think that adding a Fire TV, Apple TV or Chromecast or whatever is a suitable alternative.

Highlighted

Roadie

How did you contact Spotify Support?

I can only find a Chat feature, not an ability to email or send a message.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I forwarded my email to a bunch of guessed emails. support@spotify.com works, though. They got back to me, but I'm just more confused now. 

First email:

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you wish to know more regarding the email you received.

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we are removing the app from the Pioneer speaker. 

With new wireless streaming opportunities, it’s now easier to simply connect Spotify to your different devices rather than having an app for each. We believe this change will provide you with much smoother listening sessions.  

Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out our guide, or head here.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue to use it and find it gets better in future.

Second email, after I said it wasn't helpful to say "you need to buy a new speaker because that other speaker that works just fine is no longer going to work because reasons":

We sent you the first email as a heads up that the Spotify support will soon be removed from your Pioneer speaker. We don't have a specific time yet on when it will be rolled out.

Since you're rocking a Premium subscription, please head here to see which Pioneer devices are compatible as a wireless music streamer.

If your speaker is listed there, it means you would still be able to listen to your awesome tunes using the Spotify Connect feature.

Hope this clears things out. Let us know if you have any other questions.

So there you have it? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@derekr2015 For me it sounds like: They remove the possibility to use 3rd party apps to integrate the spotify service. I remember Denon had Spotify integrated into their AV Receiver App. So you could change inputs, control volume, play tracks over DNLA and also play music from Spotify, all within their own app. I hope that there is also an app for Pioneer out there and they stop to support of this feature. Because our receivers are streaming (Spotify Connect) compatible. 

Highlighted

Roadie

There is a Pioneer app to control the Receiver. I've no idea if it supports Spotify.

The troubled is we're speaking to 1st line support who won't be employed for their technical abilities.

We know more than they do.

p.s Did they actually use the "rocking" in a professional support email?

Highlighted

Roadie

There is a Pioneer app to control the Receiver. I've no idea if it supports Spotify.

The troubled is we're speaking to 1st line support who won't be employed for their technical abilities.

We know more than they do.

p.s Did they actually use the "rocking" in a professional support email?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I found the feature to control Spotify within the Pioneer App, but it looks like it is only controlling Spotify Connect.

Screenshot_20170728-162812.png
Highlighted

Spotify.
This is a joke. You have pissed off genuine music fans here- the people who spend a decent amount of money on music and the entertainment systems. I suggest you reverse this decision or I, like many, will also cancel my subscription.

Highlighted

Roadie

After 15 minutes on chat this is what they came back with. A complete waste of time. He ignored where I said it's already supported and I've been using it for 2 years:

I appreciate your patience in waiting. Looking at our references, the only Pioneer devices we currently support are the following:

1. Pioneer AVH-4100NEX Media Receiver & Touchscreen
2. Pioneer VSX-44 Wireless Hifi receiver
3. Pioneer X-CM66D HiFi Micro-system

I'm afraid, we don't support the Pioneer amplifier as of yet. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

SUGGESTED POSTS